twenty-six - stays in rose hill (part ii)

chapter xxvi.
( iron man 3 )

if only you count the tears i've cried
a  million times,    i swear  i've  died
i'm  trying,  but  it's  still  not   right

i'm    not    scared    of     the    dark
scared of the dark ─── xxtentacion, lil wayne & ty dolla $ign

i'm    not    scared     of     the    darkscared of the dark ─── xxtentacion, lil wayne & ty dolla $ign

rose hill, tennessee
december 23, 2012

An hour later, the three of us are walking into town in a height-oriented line. Dad and I are now both dressed in some very country, wintery clothing in hopes of blending in. The townspeople pass by us, milling around happily. My feet feel so incredibly heavy as we get closer to the bomb site and I can't help the guilt that I feel.

I'm okay. I'm okay. I'm okay.

No. I really am okay. I'm Lisa Stark. I'm the Red Raven. I'm okay.

"The sandwich was fair, the spring was a little rusty, the rest of the materials, I'll make do," Dad turns to us as we walk down an old abandoned road, "By the way, when you said your sister had a watch,"

"Yeah?"

"I was kind of hoping for something a little more adult than that," Dad yanks his sleeve up to show us the Dora the Explorer watch latched around his wrist.

I chuckle and Harley laughs, "She's six! Anyway, it's a limited edition,"

"Because that makes it better," I mumble with a lingering small smirk.

"When can we talk about New York?"

"Maybe never. Relax about it."

"What about the Avengers?" Harley moves closer to Dad because I've already made it clear I'm not going to be answering any more of his questions, "Can we talk about them?"

"I dunno. Later," Dad gives him a light shove, "Hey, Kid, give me a little space," Dad's eye twitches as we look around at the site full of crosses and letters left in memory of those who were killed, "What's the official story here? What happened?"