seventeen - the beginning, the very beginning (IRON MAN 3)

chapter xvii.
(   iron man 3   )

and  everything   is  blue  for   him
and himself and everybody around
'cause he ain't  got nobody to listen
blue da ba dee ─── eiffel 65

and  everything   is   blue   for   himand himself and everybody around'cause he ain't  got nobody to listenblue da ba dee ─── eiffel 65

switzerland
december 31, 1999
(   lisa's point of view   )

switzerlanddecember 31, 1999(   lisa's point of view   )

I think I may have made a mistake. Well, if you want to be really logical about it, it's not completely my mistake. It was his mistake too! Partly, well, mostly, or maybe not, I don't know. But I'm pretty sure this was all just a mistake. I mean, at this point, that should be blaringly obvious. Why is it obvious? What did I, or we, do? It doesn't matter; it happened and now we're dead. Yep, we're definitely dead. We're screwed. Bring in the body bags! Oh, God, I think I should just-just start again. I need to back up a little. Let's start at the beginning.

The very beginning.

Bern, Switzerland, New Year's Eve, 1999

My little Converse wearing feet swung back and forth, bumping repeatedly against the bar's counter. The room was dimly lit while large posters covered the walls, celebrating the tech summit we were attending. On New Year's Eve. I was so angry that Pepper had made me come. It had just been over two weeks since Grandma and Howard died. Dad had done a wonderful job at completely withdrawing from me and now I had to spend an entire month with him and Happy alone in Switzerland.

Oh joy.

With a very serious expression, a woman with long dark hair blew a noise-blower in my father's newly facial hair covered face. His thick dark hair was covered in one of those New Year's plastic hats and he was wearing those big-rimmed sunglasses again, even though it was night and we were inside. My patience with him was wearing very, very thin. Dad grinned and chuckled as the noise-blower bumped into his upper lip and she laughed too.