fourteen - the red raven

chapter xiv.
( avengers )

some    legends    are    told
some turn to dust or to gold
but you will remember me
remember me, for centuries
centuries ─── fall out boy

some    legends     are     toldsome turn to dust or to goldbut  you will  remember  meremember me, for centuriescenturies ─── fall out boy

central park, new york city
may 7, 2012

It's about three days later that Dad and I drive towards Central Park, knowing that that's the designated place where we will meet up with everyone us. While Dad cruises us along, I keep my headphones in as I flip through the different news reports on my phone. I see a collection of different people pinning up different letters and objects to missing or dead loved ones. People light candles in remembrance of those lost to them. I see the streets of New York covered in rubble, dead Chitauri, and their old weapons. News reporters take interviews of New York's residents and I grin when I see them wearing clothes designed after the Avengers' uniforms. I actually giggle when I see a man styling his facial hair after my dad. Parades are being held in our honor while some people cheer for us while others remain critical and view us as "threats".

Some people are never pleased.

An old man with white hair leans over the back of his chair, "Superheroes? In New York? Give me a break!"

My jaw drops and my eyes squint.

I think I know that guy!

I get distracted from the old man, however, when I see the New York senator giving us heat, "These so called 'heroes' have to be held responsible for the destruction done to the city. This was their fight. Where are they now?"

I actually scoff aloud.

What did they want us to do? Say, 'Welp, this looks hard. See ya guys later! Have fun being ruled by a dude with weird hair and major daddy issues!'. Please. This wasn't our fight. This was the earth's fight. Um, you're welcome.

More interviews continue and I kind of tune out until I hear mention of our names, "The billionaire wearer of the Iron Man suit, Tony Stark, has a sixteen year old daughter, Lisa Stark, who was a major component in the battle that took place in New York. We hear rumors that this young girl," I roll my eyes, "was the one who actually closed the portal after her father redirected the nuclear bomb. Along with her father and the rest of the 'Avengers', this girl, who the citizens of New York are now calling the 'Red Raven', saved us all."