sixteen - shawarma joint (END CREDITS)

chapter xvi.
(   end credits   )

we     didn't     start       the      fire
it   was   always   burning   since
the     world's        been       turning
we didn't start the fire,    no,    we
didn't light but we tried to fight it
we didn't start the fire ─── billy joel

we      didn't      start       the       fireit    was    always    burning    sincethe     world's        been       turningwe didn't start the fire,     no,    we didn't light but we tried to fight itwe didn't start the fire ─── billy joel

new york, new york
may 3, 2012
(   an hour after the battle of new york   )

I yawn as I tiredly rest an elbow and practically the rest of my torso on the table. My plastic fork pokes weakly at the beef and rice on my plate. It's delicious and, if I weren't so blasted tired, I'd be scarfing it down. But, you know, we all just kind of saved the world and I'm feeling a little bit exhausted. Another yawn exits my lips as I struggle to keep my eyes open. My legs are resting lazily across Thor's knees. It felt a little bit forward as I did it, but, again, we just saved the world and so now we're kind of best friends for life now. He didn't seem to mind overly much so I figured I was in the clear either way.

A few employees sweep the floor behind us, cleaning away the glass and cement dust. They have already left the bill with us. You'd think that after we literally just saved over seven billion lives we wouldn't have to pay for our shawarma, but the owner of the place was pretty adamant and kept repeating, 'No special treatment! No special treatment!'. We all stared at the bill for a long moment before six hands all pushed it towards Dad who just frowned at us.

My body is slouched between Thor and Dad who are both munching on their food still. I sniff slightly, scratching my wild hair. Barton's legs are resting on Nat's chair as she watches him tiredly and he stares off into space. Bruce is hunched over the table, swaying sleepily as he continues to eat. Steve and I keep making eye contact and giving these exhausted nods of understanding. Except for the fact that I'm pretty sure neither of us understand what the heck we're nodding about. Exhaustion does that to you. At least I'm not slap-happy, that'd be embarrassing.

Still none of us say anything.

Oh well.

Dad balls his napkin and tosses it to the side before sticking his fork into my beef. My eyes roll over to him and he ignores me. I glance around.

A super nice super soldier.

Two master assassins/spies.

A very muscley (and dreamy) alien.

A wicked awesome scientist who can turn into the Hulk.

A rich dude in an iron suit.

I can't believe these are the kind of people I hang out with.

Weird.

Cool, but weird.

I yawn again before dropping my head to the table and falling asleep.

The Avengers Will Return

Eep! Here's where we close out Avengers, Folks, but, come on, they're comin' back. Of course! Well, that might of been kind of a wimpy chapter, what do you think?

Holy stinkin' moly, Guys, next chapter is Iron Man 3! I'm so thrilled! Revelations, twists, sadness, it's so, so fun. So see you tomorrow! Also, after next chapter, I may or may not do as I said I might do at the beginning of Red Raven and post every other day just to give me some more time to write, ya know? Hope you guys don't have me, ha.

Vote, COMMENT, and follow!

Funny Thingamabob:

So true!