ten - an old fashioned notion

chapter x.
(   avengers   )

now     you're     older      and    the
weight upon your shoulder makes 
the world a little colder,    no more
hiding in the old days,   be strong,
don't give up hope, it will get hard
jump rope blue october

now      you're     older      and     theweight upon your  shoulder makes  the world a little colder,    no morehiding in the old days,   be strong, don't give up hope, it will get hardjump rope — blue october

shield helicarrier
may 3, 2012

Fire shoots every direction and the glass of the windows shatters.

The sound of the explosion is enough to deafen anyone and my frame is twisted and thrown, making me feel like I'm flying

The sound of the explosion is enough to deafen anyone and my frame is twisted and thrown, making me feel like I'm flying. I shriek when I realize the ground is gone from underneath my feet and then I'm landing on my shoulder against something very hard and very metal. A loud cry exits my lips as I feel my back crack and my skull bounce down against it. The wind is knocked out of me and I'm too disoriented to move for a long second. My hands slide across the metal ground so that I can grasp my head again. The pain isn't as intense now, but the ringing and humming is still there, never ceasing.

Smoke is all around me and I think the fire extinguisher system is going off because the walls are blasting out a white gaseous substance that threatens to overwhelm my senses. Moaning slightly, I roll over onto my still aching back so that I can look up and around me. There's a nearly ten foot hole above me and I think that it's the lab that I'm seeing so far away. My eyes tiredly and slowly blink as I try to grasp back onto reality. I hear voices in the distance, but it's hard to place them.

"Lisa?!" I finally place my father's voice as it reaches me through the chaos.

Panic fills up in my chest and I struggle to remain calm as I hyperventilate. It exploded! Everything blew up! There was so much glass and the floor fell in and the visions were in my head and-and... I curl my arms into myself as I continue to panic. I can't breathe. I can't breathe. Oh God! I can't breathe! My chest trembles and tears bite at the corners of my eyes. As I attempt to force myself to calm down, I breath in only to inhale a thick wave of smoke and my lungs clench in revulsion.