27-Oh My Baby Jesus

As Gage had said, he picked me up at 12:30. On the dot too.

I slung my small backpack on my shoulder and climbed into his nice, polished truck.

"Sup there, Miley?"

"Lucas!" I threw myself at him and he chuckled and hugged me. "Hey.Long time no see.How's college treating ya?" He asked as we pulled away from each other and put our seatbelts on.

"Treating me good.How's Tasha treating you?" That's his wife.

"Treating me ok." He smiled. "Ok?" I questioned. "You know how women are,they're bitchy."

"No we are not!" Paisley yelled as I thumped him on the forehead

"Your lucky I don't tell her that!" Gage called from the drivers side. "Please don't!I don't wanna sleep on the street!" We laughed at his worried face.

"Nah man, wouldn't do that to you bro. " Bromance.

"Paisley let me see the ring!" I said, leaning forward to look. She stuck out her hand and I saw a beautiful diamond surrounded by smaller ones.

"Wow,that is so gorgeous.How did you get the money to buy that?" I looked at my brother.

He just smirked and parked the car in our driveway.

We all got out of the car and walked inside. Mom was walking downstairs looking at her phone.

"Hey mother!" Gage yelled, making everybody jump. "Gage!Never greet me like that ever again!" She scowled at him.

"Sorry mom. Where's pops?" Gage asked, looking around. "He's in there. " She nodded towards the kitchen door.
Gage ran in the kitchen and basically drug my dad out of the kitchen. "Gage, damn it, let me go!" He yelled and Gage obliged.

"Ok guys,I gotta tell, or show you something.You ready?" They nodded.

Paisley stuck out her hand and they both gasped. "You two are engaged?" My dad asked and Paisley nodded.

"Oh my baby Jesus!" My mom exclaimed and instantly hugged my brother.

Me and Lucas just stood there, watching. "When is it?" My mom asked, still admiring the ring.

"My birthday, January 23. Miley is maid of honor. And Lucas is his best man." Paisley explained.

"I thought you have stage fright?" I looked up at him. "Oh I do. But itsy mans Day and if I could get through my own wedding, I can get through his." He smiled at my mom and dad

"Can I get some hugs?" He opened his arms and my mom hugged him. My dad did too.

"Well you are just in time for lunch.Peanut butter and Jelly" My mom looked at me.

"Just like y'all used to eat when you were children." My dad put an arm around mom.

Me and Gage raced each other to the kitchen. I won and I got to fix sandwich first.

"I swear it's like your still eleven and he is fourteen. I still remember when Miley hit Gage on the head with a dictionary." My dad said and sat down.

"I do too.I had a huge lump on my head." Gage rubbed the spot where it was.

I sat down with my food and instantly dove in. When I finished, I chugged my glass of milk.
"Done!" I said and slapped my cup down. "And before Gage even sat down.Where do you put it?" My mom looked at me, bewildered.

I shrugged and stood up, putting my cup in the sink.

"I'm gonna go to my room and my clothes that I left." I said and started running upstairs.