From The Ashes ||| n.h

Their relationship has been reduced to ash. Nothing but tattered memories and bitter regrets remain. The flames that once ignited their passion were extinguished long ago by far too many promises broken and far too many words unspoken.

But from the ashes, a fire will rise.

Rosie just hopes she and Niall don't get burned again in the process.

So the main question is; when the world is trying to pull you apart, do you let it?

***A/N: The last book in the trilogy starts here! The first book is titled Dance Without Me and the second is titled He Never Does. If you haven't read those two this one will be very confusing for you. The books can all be found easily under 'My Works' on my profile page. I'm so happy to be sharing the story of Niall and Rosie with you all, enjoy my lovelies!!! Comment/ vote if you like it!

Julia.xx

Previously:

"Hi this is Niall, uhm, leave a message and I'll call you back when I get it. Thanks." His voicemail says and then I hear a beep. For a very awkward few seconds I'm holding the phone to my ear trying to stop sobbing so hard so I can actually talk.

"I used to care about you Niall. Fuck it, I used to love you. That was until I realized how pathetic I was to cry over some boy who simply didn't care. You hurt me, you made me feel like I was worthless, unimportant, disposable, and unwanted. I let your words get to me, actually I let them completely control me. But I'm finally moving on so, yeah, I guess you were right about me always running away. But that's the thing, I didn't want to run this time, I was pushed. You did teach me one thing though; don't bother holding onto somebody who won't hold onto you. Coming out of this, I know better now. But you, you just lost a person who actually cared. Congrats Niall, I don't love you anymore. I don't love anything anymore."

I hang up the phone, and throw it out the window

Our relationship since I've been back has been one huge series of second chances. Every time it's either only one of us willing to take it, or none of us. And it's getting to the point where me clinging onto him is downright pathetic. Me clinging onto any sort of hope for myself is pathetic. I mean, look at my life, it's a train wreck! And I'm back right where I started, running away from my problems. And my problem right now is Niall. I'm too stubborn to let go, yet I'm too stubborn to make a move. Maybe I don't want to though. Because maybe all along he's never really wanted me. Because when I think about it, everybody else has come back to me. Ashland, the boys, my family, all have shown they want me in their life. But he never does.

Through my tears and the torrential rain, I make out a pair of large headlights barreling towards my car as I realize I just ran a red light. With the dim street lighting, I can tell that if I speed up I'll make it safely through the intersection I've found myself in the middle of. I hear the large eighteen-wheeler's horn blare, I know for a fact it's hard for a trucks to slow down quickly, especially in the rain. They can't stop. All they can do is plow through my small SUV. If I just go a little faster, I'll survive. All I need to do is press the gas and I'll be alright. The truck is nearing the side of my car and I don't know why but I just stare at it, lost somewhere other than this street. My common sense screams at me to press the gas pedal and make it out of this situation alive...Niall's words echo through my mind, things were better before you came back...But then again, living isn't for everyone.

Goodbye, Niall.

My foot slams on a pedal. The brake.