Chapter 27: Parties and Presents

Song For This Chapter- You Are In Love: Taylor Swift

Chapter 27:

"Did you happen to notice the date?" Niall asks as we pull up to a beautiful building where I assume the engagement party will be held.

"January 29th, why?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Happy one and a half year anniversary. Kind of." He laughs and my smile doubles.

"Wow, so much has happened in such a short amount of time. It's insane." I say as Niall walks around the car to open my door. 

"What's insane is how deeply I've fallen in love with you in that time. Remember our first kiss? Eighteen months ago today." He reminisces. I blush at his first comment. No matter how many times he says that, I'll never get used to it.

"Oh yes, that was steamy. Freezing cold river, middle of the night, pruned fingers, how romantic." I joke and he laughs, wrapping an arm around my waist as we walk into the building. The lobby is grand with marble floors and chandeliers hanging from the high ceilings. There are wooden double doors to the left and Niall walks us over to them.

"Are you ready angel?" He asks and I nod.

"Completely." I say, letting out a long exhale of air.

Niall smiles and then swings open both of the heavy doors. The room is just as beautiful as the lobby. I begin to get nervous when I see about a hundred people sitting at round tables, all now looking at me and Niall.

"She said yes!" Niall screams, throwing two fists up into the air in a triumphant gesture. The guests all begin to cheer as well and most of them stand as me and Niall descend the marble steps to join everyone.

The first people I notice are my family.

"Mom, dad, hi!" I smile, hugging them both. 

"This is so lovely of Niall, are you positive you want this honey? Me and your father completely support you either way." My mom asks and I nod.

"I am Mom. I really love him." I say and my dad pulls me into him again.

"I'm so happy for you butterfly. He's a really great kid. He even asked for my blessing." My dad laughs. So that's what that phone call earlier was.

"My sister's getting married, holy cakeballs." Brook comes up to me and throws her arms around my shoulders.

"Cakeballs?" I laugh.

"Mom is trying to cut down my swearing. It's sort of a problem." She admits and I nod, hugging her back and kissing her cheek.

"I love you Brook, thanks for being here." I say and then walk off to greet other people. I see Niall talking to his family and I practically sprint over to them.

"Hey gorgeous." Niall says when he sees me coming.

"What? You guys came!" I laugh, pulling Maura, Bobby, Greg, Denise, and little Theo into a long hug.

"Of course, wouldn't miss this for the world." Bobby smiles.

"We're very happy for the both of you." Maura says, patting her sons cheek with tears in her eyes, "My little boy is starting a family." She says, trying to hold back tears.

"Mum, don't cry, then I'll start crying." Niall says, pulling his small mother into his arms.

"This 'ole boy's been whipped since the moment he met you." Greg jokes to me and I laugh, shoving him with my shoulder.

"Shut it Greg, he's precious." I say, staring at my future groom with adoration as he coaxes a smile out of his tear stricken mother.

"As much as I hate to admit it, I agree." Greg says quietly so only I can hear him. I smile at Greg and lean my head on his shoulder. Niall's family, although they have their struggles like anyone else, love each other more than any people I've ever seen. It's always warms my heart to be in their presence. Now they're my family too...