Chapter 11: Don't Let Me Go

Song for this chapter- Don't Let Me Go: (Performed By) Harry Styles

Chapter 11:

"Moving? Why!" I cry out, slamming my hand down next to my plate too loudly.

"We've kinda been putting if off for a long while now because of what happened to you. We didn't want you in any other environment than with all of us, so we decided to just stay put until you got settled again, which you have." Zayn explains to me.

"So all this time you five were planning on moving? But you didn't for me? Aw, guys." I smile, pinching Niall and Liam's cheeks because I can reach them. "Now I feel bad." I pout after a second.

"Don't, I love living with the lads, we all just agreed it's time to split and live on our own. Zayn is married, my bets are Louis will be too soon, everyone is starting to grow lives of their own. It's just what growing older does." Niall says. The fact that he is mature enough now to accept and understand all of that makes him so much more attractive.

"That was intense lad." Liam comments and Niall throws bread at him.

"Where are you all moving too? I hope it's not too far apart." I ask.

"Ha, nope. We all bought flats in the same gated community. They just finished it, you've seen it babe, it's like a kilometer down the road from us now." He informs me.

"Wow, you guys can't live apart from each other. You can hardly go from next door bedrooms to next door neighbors." I laugh at them even though it's adorable how close they are.

"My place is next to Harry's, you excited mate?" Niall asks the silent brunette.

"Hmm? Oh, yeah. Sure." He mumbles. I can hear Niall sigh from two seats down.

The conversations return to less important topics, but my mind is still stuck on them moving out. The happiest parts of my life happen when I live with all of them, and selfishly I don't want them to end.

Not to mention Harry will be completely alone in a big house now. That thought scares me.

A worse thought, where will me and Brooklyn live?

The feeling I get is enough panic to send me standing up and walking quickly into the bathroom. I'm the one responsible for Brook, but we have no place to go right now. I suppose we could rent a nice enough apartment. I wouldn't be able to pay for anything though since I have no job and I'm not I'm school so I probably won't for awhile.

There's always Niall...but he hasn't asked me to live with him and probably won't. It's too soon, and he won't want Brook living with him too.

Just as I begin to calm my racing thoughts, Ashland walks in.

"You okay?" She speaks without being spoken to for once.

"I'm sure I will be, you?" I ask her the same thing.

"I'm sure I will be, too." She repeats.

"Seriously Ashland, I can tell something is wrong. You've barely spoken and you haven't smiled once. Everybody sees it." I call her out.

"I don't know how to describe it, I guess I'm just sad. That's the most unspecific word, I know, but it's all I have." She tells me.

When I don't reply she continues, "Obviously I love Harry. He's everything to me, and I think that's why I have this constant crushing weight over me. I can't sleep, can't eat, can't breathe, the ache is all consuming. And being at the same table as him, making small talk with people who can tell I'm not happy...it's too much. He's suffocating me." She let's go of what she's really thinking.