Chapter 7: Stars. Tree Branches. A Glass Bottle.

Song for this chapter: Fall For You- Secondhand Serenade

Chapter 7:

"Hello, my name is Rosaline." I announce with as much of a pleasant tone as I can muster. I'm usually pretty good at faking excitement out of politeness but something about these boys makes it really damn hard. They haven't even done anything. It's actually probably just the fact that this is a stupid waste of my time to meet Brook's new famous friend that will probably stop talking to her in three weeks before I have to meet the next one.

"Hi, er, miss. I'm Niall. Niall Horan." The blonde haired boy says with his shy little smile. I look up at his face and I can tell his smile is genuine and he is a really polite boy. But what really takes me are his eyes. They're just so...pretty. I've never seen a deeper blue. I stare at them for a second too long and then snap my eyes down to his hand. That was awkward. I shake his hand quickly and move on.

-

He tilts his head back in laughter. It's a marvelous sound. Like hearing a baby laugh, it's just a beautiful thing. The way his eyes crinkle and the way sometimes no sound comes out at all.

"You have a lovely laugh." I smile up at him.

"I think you said that to me the very first day we met, right after you hit me in the head with a door." He laughs again.

-

The note reads:

'You will never know how beautiful you are to me.

Rosie and Niall : 29.06.13 - forever'

-

"I have never met a more wonderful person Rosie. I need you in my life now, you're all I think about. Will you do me the incredible honor of being my girlfriend?" He asks with hope in his eyes.

"Yes." I say without any hesitation and then I happily sign my name next to his on the note before he puts it in the bottle.

-

"I don't know what to say..." I reply honestly. What do you say to the person who finds your scars?

"Tell me you'll stop." He whispers softer.

"I can't promise that." I again am honest with him. I'd hate to break a promise to him.

"Can you at least try?" He asks again.

"Yes, for you I will try." I say and then look up at him.

-

"Do you want to?" He asks and I know what he is talking about. He still wants to know if I actually want it or if I'm doing it for him.

"Yes." I breathe.

-

"I love you." He breathes out softly.

My heart explodes and I gasp slightly but it's not audible.

My mouth opens as my mind tries to form a reply.

"Before you say anything, I want you to know that I don't expect a reply. I want you to tell me when your ready, whether that means in five minutes or five years. I don't want you to say it now just because I did." He smiles and pulls me into him.

-

"Every year on June 29th we should come back to this spot to show that no matter where we are in the world...we still care about each other." He says and then turns to me.