Chapter 2: Nice To Re-Meet You

Song for this chapter: Through The Dark- One Direction

Chapter 2:

Neither of them answer me, they just stare at me blankly.

"What, is blood coming out of my forehead or something?" I ask sarcastically.

"Oh my god." Brook says she rushes out of the room without another word, leaving me with the stranger who I assume is her boyfriend.

"I don't actually have blood coming out of my forehead, right?" I ask him with a smile to lighten the mood.

"R-Rosie?" He breathes out. He looks like he might cry.

"Oh, uh, I prefer Rosaline if-" I begin.

"If I'm not a close friend, I know." He finishes my sentence.

"How did you-" I start to ask how he knew that but then he interrupts me.

"Because I am. I am a close friend." Is all he says.

I'm about to deny his statement when Brook rushes in with my mother and the doctor.

"Mom, she didn't know who Niall was." Brook whispers but I hear her. Niall? I've never heard that name. It is Irish like his accent though, makes sense.

"Rosie, darling, you don't know who he is?" My mom looks concerned.

"Should I?" I snap, suddenly annoyed.

"Rosaline, what is the last thing you remember happening?" The doctor steps in and asks me.

"Oh, um, it's all still a bit blurry. I don't know why I was in Brighton but I remember last week I got my license, and school is almost over. I got it the day after my eighteenth birthday so yeah, this was a great way to start adulthood. I can't remember specifically what I was doing but I know it was around that time. Why would you let me drive an hour to Brighton a week after getting my license, mother? Oh my god I've missed so much school. Did I miss graduation? What month is it anyways?" I begin to panic about the amount of work I need to catch up on.

"October." The doctor says.

"What! By over a month I didn't think you meant six of them!" I say as loud as my sore throat will allow. This is so bad.

"It's been a month and two weeks Rosaline. And you did graduate...in 2013...which was last year." He says slowly.

I stare at him blankly, not understanding what he is trying to say. If I graduated in 2013 that would mean it's October of 2014. But that isn't possible because I don't remember any of it.

Fuck, that's the point. I don't remember any of it. That explains the boy- Niall. I must have met him recently...

"You mean to tell me I don't remember a year and a half of my life?" I say softly.

"It appears that way. Let's just test the theory." He says and steps into the hallway for a second, gesturing for someone to come in.

Suddenly a line of people file into my hospital room.

"Who do you recognize?" The doctor asks.

"Well, my mom, dad, and Ashland obviously." I scan the line of faces. A hipster boy and his girlfriend who look to be in their early twenties, and then a few teenage boys. One of them catches my eye. He has curly brown hair and nice green eyes.

I recognize this boy, he looks older than the picture in my head though.

"Harry, that's Harry Styles." I point to him triumphantly. I begin to realize the other three boys and Niall are all part of Harry's band. One something. One Second? One Decision? One Direction, that's it. I remember Brook loves them. She has a poster of them at home.