Chapter 24: Five Seconds of New Years

Song for this chapter- I Don't Wanna Love Somebody Else: A Great Big World

Chapter 24:

"Australia?" I whine, sitting in the passenger seat of Niall's SUV. It's still New Years Eve and we are currently in the parking lot of some bar Liam rented out so he could stuff the place with his friends rather than random strangers. He's a big fan of renting places rather than hosting things at his own house. less clean up I suppose. I do love a good party, but right now I'm more concerned about the fact that Niall is leaving tomorrow.

"Only for two weeks." He says hoping that I won't get mad.

"Two weeks!? Niall, I just got you back after two months of being alone. You can't just leave." I huff, knowing my complaints won't actually change anything.

"We have to go and meet our opening act for the next tour. We need bonding time if we're gonna travel the world with these people, it's just the way it is. I'm sorry." He says sincerely and brushes my cheek with his hand.

"You have another tour? A world tour?" My jaw drops. I almost forget sometimes that they're job involves never being at home because I had the luxury of dating Niall during a solely English tour and then I stayed with him again on an off season.

"Well we just recorded the new album so yeah, there is gonna be a tour at some point. It could be next month, it could be next year, we honestly don't get this information until it's final. I wish I could give you the answers Rosie, I just don't have them." He sighs.

"It isn't your fault. I'm just gonna miss you a lot in the next two weeks." I laugh to hide the tear that falls down my cheek. Niall then bursts into laughter and I raise an eyebrow at him.

"Are you crying you dope!? I'm obviously taking you with us!" He laughs at my reaction and I cross my arms over my chest.

"No, fuck you I'm not going." I pout but a smile betrays me by forming on my lips.

"Aw, come on." He laughs and then pulls me in for a short but sweet kiss. I roll my eyes and get out of the car. On the way back from dinner, we stopped by his house and Zayn's (where my things apparently are) to change into party clothes. I have the classic, and fucking tight might I add, little black dress on with some sparkly sapphire heels and matching eye shadow.

I grab his hand and we walk into the loud building together. I spot Sophia and Liam at the bar so I walk over to them dragging Niall behind me. Liam immediately slides us two shots each which we both down instantly.

"Liam, this is nuts. Nobody ever expects you to be the party animal, yet here we are." I scream to Liam so he can hear me even though I'm standing next to him. He laughs and squints his eyes in the adorable way he does.

"Isn't he the absolute worst?" Sophia jokes and we crack up together.

"Babe, you pronounced best wrong." Liam jokes, pulling her into his side with his beer free hand.

"My bad." She says, kissing his collarbone.

"Okay, that's where we leave." Niall says and wraps his arm around my waist. "Bye, you crazy kids." He says like the goofball he is and we make our way to the dance floor.

"Did you two just get here at half past eleven?" I hear from behind me. I turn to see an intoxicated Ashland with a sober Harry desperately trying to keep up with her.

"Well, we were outside of here for like an hour before that." I admit and she wiggles her eyebrows.

"Ah, making up for lost time I see." She says, elbowing Niall in the side. He rolls his eyes and shoves her with his own elbow lightly.