Chapter 25: Aussie Boys and Aussie Rain

Song for this chapter- This Love: Taylor Swift

Chapter 25:

"Earth to Brooklyn." I say, snapping my fingers in front of her face. She blinks twice and then swivels her head around to look back at me. I give her a knowing smirk and she opens her mouth as though she's shocked I'm accusing her of something.

"What?" She says defensively.

"Nothing." I shrug with the same small smile on my face. 

We're currently at Ashton's aunt's house, weird I know, because she has a pool. I don't think I've ever experienced heat as intense as it is here in Australia. I almost miss the dreadful rain of London. Me and Brooklyn are on some white lounge chairs with a few magazines just soaking up some sun for the first time since the summer. 

The reason I'm teasing her is because I was in the middle of telling her a story from when I was on a date with Ron one time, and I looked over at her to see her completely zoned out. Her head was looking away from me and towards the pool and when I followed her gaze guess who my eyes landed on. Luke. Yep, she was watching him with what I think is affection as he jumped into the pool with his shirt on. Earlier, I heard Michael teasing him about wearing a shirt in the pool and realized he must be self conscious about his body. It gave me a greater respect for Luke in a strange way because I have felt that way before, and still do sometimes.

"Shut up. I know what you're thinking." Brooklyn snaps and I finally let out laughter.

"Hey, it must be true if you came to that conclusion yourself." I reason and she rolls her eyes, turning her attention back to Elle Magazine. I stare at her for a moment longer and notice that her head may be tilted down, but her eyes are still glued to Luke. Now she's the one with a cheeky little smile on her face.

"Go talk to him." I whisper and she hits me with her magazine, "Ow! Luke, she hit me! Scold her please!" I shout and Brooklyn gasps while I internally crack up at her reaction.

"She did, did she?" Luke says, pulling himself out of the pool with his muscles. He then jogs over to Brook and scoops her up in his arms.

"No fair, she was being rude!" Brooklyn protests.

"Too late for that sweetheart." Luke shouts as he walks over to the pool and jumps in while still holding her.

"No!" She screams on the way down. I raise my eyebrows when he calls her sweetheart and glance over at Niall in the pool. When we make eye contact we both smile, thinking the exact same thing.

"Babe, come in!" Niall whines while swimming to the edge of the pool nearest me.

"No thanks, I'm reading something very important about Jennifer Lawrence's hair." I joke.

"Don't make me come up there. I'm not afraid to pull a Luke." He threatens and I give in. I'm sweating anyways, I need a cool down. I sigh and then stand up in my white bikini. I start by putting my feet in for a minute and adjusting to the cold.

"Okay, pull me in so I can't back out." I say, putting my hands out for Niall to grab. He doesn't hesitate to yank me into the cold water and I immediately rush to the surface.

"It's chilly." I say and my jaw chatters.

"It's cause you're a string bean." Niall says and pulls me into him. He uses one arm on the edge to hold himself up and wraps me up in him with the other arm. It feels weird to cuddle underwater, but I like it. I lay my head on his shoulder and wrap my arms around his exposed torso.

"No canoodling in my aunt's pool!" Ashton shouts and I start to laugh very loudly. I don't let go of Niall, but I do lift my head up to see everyone questioning why I'm dying of laughter.