Chapter 3: Carnivals, Criminals, and Cubic Zirconia

Song for this chapter: Everything Has Changed-Taylor Swift (ft. Ed Sheeran)

Chapter 3:

"The carnival?" I ask dumbfounded.

"Yes, the carnival. We take our days off very seriously around here." Harry says.

"But, can't I just stay-" I begin, I hate places with loads of people.

"Quiet? Of course, I thought you'd never ask." He interrupts.

I shut my mouth and mumble a 'sorry'. I'm still not exactly comfortable with him so I can't tell if he's serious or not. I hope I'm not annoying him, gosh I'm such a bother.

"Shit, I'm sorry. I forgot you don't do banter well anymore." He says, nudging me with his shoulder, and I shrug.

"I don't do conflict well." I say.

"I disagree with that statement, I think you are the best arguer in England, possibly the whole UK." Niall pipes in and I crack a smile.

"Oh, shut up." I laugh.

"But he can banter with you! Well that's not fair!" Harry shouts.

"Life isn't fair, curly. Is that better?" I humor him.

"Yes thank you, feel free to insult me further in the future." He says and then walks to the car with Ashland. She wraps her arm around his waist, rolling her eyes, and he kisses her head.

"This is all so strange. Are we going to get mobbed? I get claustrophobic." I ask Niall as we walk down the driveway together.

"Nah, it'll be fine. Only a couple hundred screaming girls." He shrugs and I stop walking. "I'm kidding, jeez." He laughs and pulls me forward.

"Sorry, cars full. You'll need to take a second one." Zayn shuts the door on us.

"But I can see the back row is empty!" Niall begins to argue.

"Sorry mate, we're picking up the girls, you'll have to take the other one!" He shouts out the window as Louis drives away.

I stand awkwardly in the background. The only other car in the driveway is a white vintage looking convertible. Two seats.

"Well, looks like it's just you and me Callahan." He sighs and I give him a funny look, "I call you Callahan sometimes, tell me if you want me to stop." He adds.

And I didn't want him to stop. I wanted him to laugh at our inside jokes, and call me pet names, and take me to that one place we always go...what am I saying? I don't even know him.

I didn't say any of this though, I just smiled and sat in the passenger seat.

"Who are the girls?" I ask as he pulls away. Zayn mentioned them and I'm still not aware of everyone in our circle of friends.

"Who? Oh right what Zayn said. Uh, Perrie Edwards is Zayn's wife. She actually moved into our house with Zayn until they found their own place last month. I think she is meeting us there from the airport. Her girl band Little Mix are touring America. She's a sweetheart, you two get along really good. And next is Liam's long time girlfriend he met on the Xfactor, Danielle Peazer. She was a dancer for the show. It was so funny Harry just stood on stage with the mic and said 'You with the curly hair, my friend Liam fancies you' it was crazy embarrassing for Liam. Poor lad isn't the smoothest with the ladies. You two get on as well. And last but certainly not least is Louis' girlfriend Eleanor Calder. How does one describe her? Basically female Louis once you get to know her. Except she's a bit shy in public, unlike him. Sweetest girl ever though, you were closest to her I think. It might just be because she comes round the most considering she's in college and not touring anywhere. She's actually..." He literally just talks and talks.