Chapter 19: I'm Done Chasing Cars

Song for this chapter- Break Free: Ariana Grande

Chapter 19:

"Ron, how could you?" I scream the second I see his lousy face. Thankfully him, Derek, and Helen were all planning to come over tonight for celebratory drinks for me and Navy's first published piece. I have other plans in mind at the moment.

"Rosie, I swear to god, I can explain." He begins, fully expecting that he was going to get screamed at.

"Explain what! I saw the article, I know you left the camera on a timer. Was this entire week of laughing, taking walks through the park, taking me to see all of Amsterdam, kissing me and calling me beautiful, was that all just for another scoop?" I ask, completely betrayed. 

After he first kissed me a week ago, I made a pact with myself to actually give him a chance. I guess this time around I really just was not going to give myself any time to reminisce about Niall. I almost had sex with a guy back in London, I actually did have sex with a guy here, and now I'm in an undeclared relationship with Ron. Well, I was.

"Did you enjoy all of those things?" He randomly asks.

"I mean, I guess so yes. But what does that have to do with anything!?" I say becoming more and more frustrated.

"It doesn't, I was just making sure." He shrugs. I stare at him like he has three heads.

"What are you even talking about?!" I scream, pulling at my hair.

"You're cute when you're mad." He smiles at me.

"Get out." I say deadpan and point to the door.

"No, c'mon. I'm just messing with you. That article honestly wasn't me. Just like you have to submit your poems to an editor, I have to submit all of my pictures. I must have set a timer so I could keep you at the right angle, and then given the pictures all over to my boss for review. Once I do that they're public and any department can attach them to an article. I swear to God I would never jeopardize losing you for a stupid story." He explains confidently.

"Oh." Is all I say, feeling quite stupid for yelling at him.

"Oh." He mocks me, pinching my now red cheeks.

"Stop it." I break out into a smile and swat away his hand.

Arguments are so different with Ron. He wasn't angry at me for falsely accusing him of something and now after he calmly and maturely explained himself, we're fine again. Relationships, not that this is one, can actually be civil. Niall was too immature to know this, and so was I. It may often seem like I place all the blame on Niall, but I know I was a big part in our problems as well. Maybe it's just Ron's age and life experience. 

He's twenty five, whereas Niall is barely twenty. He works in a place where you have to be reasonable and respectful at all times. I'm not saying Niall is a diva at all, but he can pretty much get away with being one if he really wants to. I feel like an adult with Ron because he treats me like one. I feel like a silly teenager with Niall because he acts like one. I'm not sure which feeling I like better, but I know which one I should like better.

"So, are we still on for tonight?" Ron asks, hugging me into his chest. 

"Yes, indeed. As long as there are no cameras involved." I joke and he laughs. Tonight me and him are going to be taking a nighttime tour of the city by boat. It's supposed to be beautiful (and romantic but neither of us are willing to actually call this a date).

Derek and Helen arrive together and announce that they're officially a couple. And an even better surprise, Navy and Rebecca's friend Dan, who has been cat sitting for them so they can get settled here, brings Tyde over. Dan is visiting for the night from London so I offered him my bed considering I will be out late anyways. Plus, our couch is super comfortable and I've slept on it three times out of our ten nights in Amsterdam thus far.