Chapter 14: Done

Songs for this chapter- Impossible- Shontelle, Almost Lover- A Fine Frenzy

Chapter 14:

"He's still in his room, for the millionth time." Harry tells me Niall's whereabouts after I ask him for 'the millionth time' apparently.

"Rosie, I've got a crazy idea." Louis pipes in, finishing off the last slice of pizza we ordered for dinner.

"Humor me Lou." I say.

"Go talk to him." Louis suggests sarcastically and Zayn bursts into applause.

"Bravo, Louis." He jokes in his Bradford accent.

"I'm not going to do that, but Lou you ate the pizza I saved for him!" I realize.

"Let's be real, you weren't going to bring it to him anyways." He says and I sigh.

"I'm going to Navy's for an hour or so." I stand and grab my jacket, leaving without another word. The couples new kitten is certainly a good enough excuse to leave that house.

I arrive to their apartment after a traffic ridden taxi ride.

"I come bearing coffee!" I shout, walking into their loft. Americans drink coffee like the British drink tea. Rebecca can't function in the morning without her two cups. The pair gave me a key to this place a while ago and they have one to my place as well, not that it will matter in a few days.

"Cream no sugar?" Navy says, walking into the kitchen where I set my tray down.

"Always." I hand him the steaming mug and he sniffs it, letting out a satisfied sigh.

"You're the best." He says, carrying Rebecca's coffee over to her on the living room couch.

I squeal in joy as I see a little bundle of fur on her lap. They picked a black cat with white patches on it's right eye and all four paws. The tip of it's tail is white as well.

"Her name is Rosaline Grace." Navy says seriously. I widen my eyes, praying it's a joke.

"Shut up Navy, it's a boy." Rebecca rolls her eyes teasingly. "His names Tyde. You know, after the band, it was the first concert me and Navy saw together." She smiles. I've never heard of the band but it's a cute idea.

"Let me see him." I sit beside her and she gives the small creature a shove so he walks onto my leggings. "I want him." I say as he licks my finger.

"Too bad. Finders keepers." Navy kicks his feet up after plopping onto the armchair.

We sit and talk for a good forty minutes before I figure the traffic will be awful and I should head home.

"I'm just going to use the bathroom before I go." I say, the coffee went right through me. When I'm done I walk back into the hallway, momentarily peeking into their bedroom.

"What is going on here!" I shout, walking straight into their room. They both walk out of the living room and join me in the incriminating space.

"Yeah, we need to tell you something." Navy laughs awkwardly.

"Oh, do you? I think all of your possessions packed in boxes have given that away." I say, staring at the mostly cleared out space. Cardboard bins are stacked in the corner.

"We're moving.." Navy drags out and I raise my eyebrows, wanting more information. "To Amsterdam." He finishes and my jaw drops.

"The Netherlands? No, you can't leave me! You love it here! Why Amsterdam?!" I begin to protest.

"I got offered a really good position at a huge newspaper over there. The type of music you know I love is wicked big there, they want me to write the review column. I'd get to see live shows, critique music before anyone else gets to hear it, it's my dream job. It only makes sense to take it considering we don't have stable careers here. I'm sorry, Rosie." He sits beside me on their queen bed.