Chapter 5: Nina

A/N: I AM SO SO SO SO SORRY! I completely forgot to say I was going to Maine for two weeks and I wouldn't be able to update. I was literally in the middle of nowhere and I had zero service so for that I am endlessly sorry. Now I have internet back and I can function again so to make up for it I'm doing a double update tonight.

Sorry again and I love you all!!

Song for this chapter: Distance- Christina Perri (feat. Jason Mraz)

Chapter 5:

I wake up from my peaceful slumber at an unusually late hour. It's almost eleven.

I put on some basic makeup and fix my hair like I did yesterday before making my way downstairs. I yawn and walk into the living room. Nobody. And nobody is in the kitchen either, wonderful. I see a sticky note on the fridge from Ashland.

"Hey R,

The boys and Brook have a meeting with the record company until two.

I went home for the day, shocker I know, to see Nolan and my parents.

Text me if you need me.

-Ash"

The note reads in her messy handwriting. Looks like I've got the place to myself.

I decide to have an exciting day of sitting on the couch watching Netflix. I make myself a fruit salad, brew myself some tea, and sit on the huge leather sofa. I decide to re watch season 1 of Gossip Girl. Me and Ashland discovered the show a few years ago and we were hooked.

I get about two episodes and three cups of tea in when the doorbell rings. I panic for a moment, it could be anybody. It could be Rick. I decide I'm being ridiculous and jump up to answer the door. I open it to reveal a completely gorgeous blonde girl that I actually recognize. I can't place her though.

"Rosie, sweetie!" She says and pulls me into a hug. I hug her back loosely and awkwardly.

"Uhm, hello." I say.

"Oh, I'm sorry! Niall told me about the accident! I would've visited sooner but I've been in Turkey for business. I'm Nina Agdal." She smiles.

"The model?" I ask. That's where I remembered her from.

"Yep. Is Niall here?" She asks.

"No, he's not. They have a meeting downtown, it should be over soon." I tell her, I'm not sure if she really even knows them. She seems harmless though.

"Oh rats, I've missed him so much these past weeks I've been away." She pouts. I wonder if they are close friends...

"You're welcome to come watch Gossip Girl with me until they return. I'll even brew you some tea." I offer and she smiles.

"I'd love to." I open the door further and she walks inside ahead of me. She plops onto the couch and I go into the kitchen for the tea.

"So how do you know the boys?" I ask, placing our mugs on the coffee table.

"Oh, they didn't tell you?" She asks.

"No...but they don't tell me much." I laugh.

"Well in that case, I will. I'm Niall's girlfriend." She says and I swear to god I almost choke on this goddamn tea.

"His what?" I ask, baffled.

"Girlfriend. We've been together since May, but took a break recently. I'm so glad we're back together though. Some space did us wonders." She beams.

I feel like I've been stabbed in the back with a machete. My mind is whirling with a million thoughts but the main one is 'you idiot.'

And it's true, I am an idiot to assume we had some connection. And of course his girlfriend is a model, he's a freaking pop star. And I'm just the nobody girl who got hit by a truck.