Chapter 26: Tower Bridge

Songs for this chapter- Chasing Cars: Snow Patrol, You and Me: Lifehouse

Chapter 26:

I spit water into the sink after brushing my teeth. We got home from Australia a few days ago. This morning me and Niall volunteered to pick up the Five Seconds of Summer boys from the airport and have them stay at our place. For some reason all the boys really connected with Niall, especially Ashton. I think it's because he has a playful air about him that they also possess.

I walk out of the bathroom and pass Niall's office. I stop by the door when I hear my fathers name.

"Yes, sir. Every day for the rest of my life." Niall says to my father on the phone.

"Very much, I always will." I can see Niall pacing around the room through the small crack in the door.

"Yeah, just friends and family. Anyone you think will matter." He says, "Thank you, this means the absolute world to me. See you soon Richard, have a good one."

The second he hangs up the phone I knock on the door and walk in.

"Was that my dad?" I ask, swiveling his empty desk chair with my hand.

"Yeah, why? Were you, uh, listening?" He immediately gets nervous.

"I just heard his name, what were you talking about?" I ask, trying to seem nonchalant.

"Oh, nothing much. Just business, he's asking about Five Seconds of Summer's label. I think he might want to sign them." He answers and I believe him. I don't know how what I heard ties in with that story, but I have no reason to not trust Niall.

"Okay babe, you ready to go?" I say and he nods. We drive downtown and wait outside the airport until four boys with large suitcases wave us down.

"Hey guys, long time no see." I say as I get out to open the trunk for them.

"Is Brook here?" Luke asks.

"Wow, no hello nice to see you? Easy there tiger, she's working in the studio today." I laugh and he blushes.

We all pile into the car and Niall makes the traffic ridden drive back to our house.

"We have three spare rooms and one of them has two beds, so fight amongst yourselves." Niall says as he unlocks the door. The boys all run upstairs and fight for solo rooms. I think Michael and Calum end up sharing one. 

"Babe, we have to run off for a meeting. Tonight there's a huge gala to introduce 5sos to some important people. It's very dressy, I have a suit waiting for me at the meeting. I'll meet you at the party at seven, okay?" He tells me.

"Woah, party? Where is it?" I ask. Thanks for the warning.

"I'll send a car at half past six. See you later." He kisses me on the cheek and then rushes out the door followed by the four teens.

I stand confused in the living room until I realize I only have a day to get a new gown for this high profile party. I drive myself down to the expensive part of London until I find store full of Dior dresses. I walk in and tell the older woman working what I'm looking for. She says they can only do minor alterations on such short notice, but I'll take what I can get.

I scan the aisles until I see the one. It's a light pink color, shocker I know, and it has a full bottom with a fitted top. It looks almost exactly like the dress Jennifer Lawrence wore to the Oscars. The material is sturdy and looks somewhat crinkled, it has a nice texture. I like that its dramatic in shape but pale in color. When I try it on, the bottom needs to be hemmed slightly but otherwise it's perfect. The lady gives me a two hour pickup time.