Chapter 4: The Happy Part

Song for this chapter: Fallin' For You- Colbie Calliat

Chapter 4:

I yawn as my body stretches out in an attempt to wake myself up for the day. I notice that I'm laying in my bed, and not on the sofa like I was last night. I don't remember coming up here, strange.

I rub my tired eyes and walk to the bathroom. I take my daily pills, some for the pain and some antibiotics to prevent any infection from attacking my weak immune system. My makeup from yesterday is smudged all over my face so I wipe it off with a makeup remover pad. My eyes have bags under them, they always do these days.

I decide to put at least a small amount of makeup on before I go downstairs. I know it's foolish because we've known each other for years, blah, blah, blah. But the me I can remember would never let people see her in such a state. I apply my makeup, pull my hair into a high ponytail, and put on a plain white tee shirt, some jean capris, and a light pink infinity scarf. Good enough.

I walk down the stairs but stop just before I turn into the living room.

"She told me she saw him Harry." Niall says in a hushed tone.

"She could have had a flashback or something, I don't know. Is her mind really reliable right now?" He counters.

"I don't care Harry, Jesus. We need to do something even if it wasn't Rick. He could be anywhere." Niall says.

"What are we supposed to do? Hunt him down? Niall, the police know. If anyone sees him he's toast. He isn't going to risk it." Harry reasons.

"Either way, I'm not letting her be alone anymore. Not while she's oblivious to everything." Niall states and Harry sighs.

"I agree with you on that one." He says and the pair fall silent.

I sit on the bottom stair for a moment to process that. Who the hell was Rick?

I hear a door open in the hallway above me so I stand and walk into the living room.

"Oh hey Rosie." Harry says, I can tell he looks panicked though. I don't reply. I'm highly offended they chose to not tell me that this Rick character was dangerous. I think that's very useful information so I, oh you know, don't invite a criminal or otherwise nasty person to sit with me for lunch.

I sit next to Liam at the kitchen table and he looks at me curiously.

"What?" I ask.

"You totally were eavesdropping." He smirks and takes another bite of cereal.

"I was not!" I whisper.

"I could see you in the tv reflection." He laughs and my face turns bright red.

"I'm sorry, I don't do that a lot I swear. But don't you think it's rude they don't tell me?" I ask. Liam seems reasonable enough so I trust his opinions.

"I think you should trust them. Honestly Niall won't let anything hurt you, but you're right. You should be told that Rick is not a good guy." He says.

"Please, tell me what happened. Give me a hint, anything. I'm walking around blind here." I beg.

"Fine, fine. He's Kyle's brother and um, something sort of happened to Kyle that you were involved in...Rick wasn't very happy about it. He did something very bad to you. I can't really explain it in more detail, it's not my place." He tells me.

My heart stops at the mention of Kyle. He was- no, is literally my worst fear.

"What happened to Kyle?" I whisper, panicked.