Chapter 31: There's No Place Like Home

Song for this chapter- Follow Me: Uncle Kracker

Chapter 31:

"Happy Valentines Day baby." I hear as I crack open my tired eyelids. After visiting the Johnston's place yesterday I was up practically all night just debating how I would tell Niall, and I'm pretty much exhausted. I completely forgot today was the fourteenth of February.

The aroma of freshly cooked breakfast fills my room and I sit upright to see Niall with a silver platter in his hands.

"Breakfast in bed? You know how to woo a girl, Horan." I yawn with a smile. He places the tray on my lap and I'm surprised to see what looks like a decent meal. He made heart shaped pancakes, tacky but cute, with fresh strawberries and cream on the side.

"Call me a romantic." He shrugs and I laugh, pulling him closer to me for a groggy morning kiss.

"I love you. Come sit and eat with me." I pat the bed next to me and he perches himself beside me. He stays for about twenty seconds, kisses me on the head, and then stands up again.

"That was lovely, but I gotta go to work." He says and then scrunches his face like he thinks I'm going to yell at him.

"Niall!" I whine, shoving another strawberry into my mouth.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, don't be mad." He pleads while running around the room to find his phone.

"It's in your jeans from yesterday." I groan, "But what do you have to do on a Saturday?"

"We're writing with the 1975 and they're only gonna be in town for today. I know it sucks but I promise I'll be home before the day is over, okay?" Niall rushes out while pulling his phone from his trousers on the floor.

"Fine, go do your thing I'll just cuddle with myself." I pout and he smiles at me.

"Maybe Brook needs a cuddling partner." He suggests.

"No, she has her new boyfriend Luke to snuggle." I scowl at her for abandoning me. I'll forgive her though because so far Luke is making her a very happy girl.

"I'll just go find Ashton. He's gotta be around here somewhere." I joke and Niall glares at me.

"Ha, funny. I'll see you when I get home and then we can finish that conversation from yesterday. Bye Rosie." He says on the way out the door.

"Can't wait." I mumble. After I visited Navy's hotel room, I purposefully went to my parents place so I wouldn't get home until it was already too late to talk. Just another pointless effort for me to avoid talking to him about the impending tour and the imminent child.

At least now I have the entire day to prepare for this. Sure, silver lining.

-

10:37 p.m.

I apprehensively sit on the couch in our living room, tapping my feet against the wooden floor repetitively. My fingers are clenched around the glass of water in my hand as I watch the condensation slowly slide down the sides and onto my skin.

I jump slightly as the door swings open.

"Hey, I told you I'd be back!" Niall smiles as he sees me and kicks his shoes off. I stand up to greet him and his eyes widen, "Woah, you look nice. Do you have plans?" He asks.

I'm currently wearing a formal burgundy dress with long sleeves that cuts off above my knees. I have black tights and heels as well, because I plan on making my news for Niall an event. Also, if I chicken out at the last minute I can just pretend this was a regular date with no ulterior motive.