Chapter 16: Just Drive Away

Song for this chapter- Already Gone: Kelly Clarkson

Chapter 16:

With my vodka in hand I lazily walk onto the patio. I can smell meat being cooked on the grill and Perrie and Sophia are both bringing out side dishes while Eleanor and Louis set the table. Harry and Liam are arguing over something about how to properly barbecue while Zayn actually barbecues. Ashland is sitting beside Niall, who doesn't look much better than I do. I walk over to the empty table, they have two considering there are ten of us, and sit down. 

I take a big gulp of my drink and cringe as it burns down my throat. I meet Niall’s questioning stare, but we both immediately look away. He doesn’t say anything, thankfully. Twenty minutes and a few gulps of vodka later, the food is ready. I don’t move to get food, I’m not at all hungry and I’m pretty sure I’d just throw it up anyways.

I just sink into my chair with a frown permanently on my face. Harry, Sophia, Liam, and Eleanor end up at my table. I wish it was Louis instead of Harry because that way I could have two couples with me to focus on each other and not on me. El does a good job of talking everyones ear off though.

 “Aren’t you going to get something?” Harry asks me.

“I’m not hungry.” I mumble in reply, sipping my drink and then setting it down on the table. 

“What’s wrong?” He immediately asks.

“Nothing.” I immediately answer. I’ve decided I’m not going to tell anyone for Niall’s sake. I don't want his reputation hurt or his friends to be angry with him. I still feel the need to protect him.

“You left the house crying a few nights ago. You fled to Navy’s. You are now living with me and not Niall. So I repeat, what’s wrong?” He says more sternly.

“Stop shouting Harry. I’m not going to tell you, alright?” I snap as my headache grows.

“First off, I’m not shouting. And second, yes you are.” He persists.

“Leave it alone Harry. If you want me to move somewhere else that is fucking fine but I wont tell you shit so just drop it.” I bark at him and his eyes widen.

“Whatever.” He scoffs and picks up his cup to take a sip. Right before it reaches his lips I realize that it’s my cup. 

“Harry-” I begin to protest but he’s already gagging on it. 

“What the fuck!” He literally screams, standing up out of his chair. The metal legs make a horrible screeching noise that draws anyones attention his scream did not.

I cower in my seat, my cheeks heating up. Not a single person isn’t watching me and Harry right now.

“Is this vodka?” He says, shoving the cup in my face. I don't reply, I just watch in terror at the scene taking place. “Attention everyone, Rosie is clearly upset to the point where she’s drinking at 1 pm instead of eating lunch. She won’t tell me why this is, but she’s about to. Right Rosaline?” Harry calls me out further.

I shake my head no.

“What happened Rosie?” “C’mon you can tell us.” “We’re you’re friends.” 

I begin to get bombarded with questions. I wish someone would speak up to defend me. When nobody does I do it myself.

“Shut the fuck up, all of you! If it was any of you're business you would already know, okay? Leave me alone!” I scream and then sigh, leaning back in my seat. When this doesn't work, somebody does in fact help me out. Just not in the way I anticipated.