2

"Ashy!" A ball of blonde hair yells as it collides with the keepers legs.
"Hey, squirt." Ashlyn replies as she picks the little girl up and swings her around.
"Hey, what about your favorite Aunt Ali, El Bell?" the brunette defender standing next to them asks. The little girl quickly releases her hold of Ashlyn and raises her arms toward the other woman.
"Sorry, Aunt Ali. I missed you, too." Ella says once she is engulfed in the defender's arms. It's then that Ali realizes she hasn't seen the girl's mother yet.
"That's okay El. Where's your mom?"
"She had to call Aunt Hao." Ella replies but looks away from her aunt. She doesn't want to get in trouble for telling people about anything.
"Oh, she stayed with you guys last week right?"
"Yeah,...can I get down now?" Ella asks as she continues to look at the floor. Ali nods her head and lets the girl skip away in the direction she came from.
"That was weird right?" Ali asks the keeper that is still standing next to her.
"Definitely, that kid hardly ever is at a loss for words when she isn't reading." Ash replies just as confused by the scene that just took place. Both women shrug it off though and head into the team meeting.

=============================
"Aunt Ali?" A little voice calls from just outside the doorway of Ali and Julie's hotel room. The floor was secured for the entire team so Ella and the other kids are always free to walk around to different rooms.
"Yeah, hun. What's up?" Ali replies as she pats the spot next to her on the bed. Ash is sprawled out on the opposite side and Julie is sitting on her own. The little girl tenatively enters the room and sits next to her aunt. Her forehead is knotted with worry that is uncharacteristic of the child's typical demeanor.
"Could,...could you call Aunt Hao?" She asks softly while looking at her feet that hang off the side of the bed. Ali nods her head and pulls out her phone. Both Ashlyn and Julie send puzzled looks toward the duo. Ali sends a just as confused look their way as she facetimes her old teammate.
"Hey Als, what's up?" The midfileder asks. She has just gotten back to her flat from dinner with her teammates.
"Umm, not much. Ella wanted to talk to you actually," Ali replies looking for a reaction that might explain why. Heather only raises an eyebrow and nods her head to let Ali know she can put their niece on the phone.
"Dad called and Mommas sad now, Aunt Heather," the little girl says with utter sorrow in her eyes. Heather's heart breaks and she knows the situation is serious due to the use of her actual name.
"Oh, sweetheart, how about I call her and try to help." Heather tries knowing fully well that her friend is probably distraught over something her ass of a husband said.
"Ok, thank you Aunt Heather. I love you," Ella replies sincerely. Heather says goodbye to both Ali and Ella before hanging up.
"Ella, you could have told us your mom was sad. Ash, Jules, and I are a heck of a lot closer than Hao right now." Ali says admonishingly. "She probably just misses your dad." Ella only looks at her when she says this. Her face holds no emotions as she stares at her aunt. She then whispers a sorry and leaves the room quietly causing all three women to be left in absolute confusion.
"What just happened?" Julie asks clueless as to why the usually bubbly 6 year old looks like she's seen more in her lifetime than any of them.

=============================
"Ali, I'm worried about her." Ash states once they are at breakfast. The girl has yet to leave her mother's side or has stayed close to Arod, Luke, and Ryan.
"I know, I think im gonna say something to Becky after practice." Ali offers while glancing over at the mother and daughter. The team starts filtering out of breakfast and towards the buses then.