25

"Oh, babe, I was hoping that you got over this. You made it the whole night," Zola comments when he finds Becky leaning over the toilet the following morning. He had just gotten back from dropping Ella off at school. Zola helps hold her hair back and rubs circles on her back as Becky finishes. "Maybe you should go see someone," Zola offers as she leans back into his legs.
       "I don't know that they'll have anything to help," Becky replies. She knows her comment is going to lead to the truth. She's terrified because of it. Becky stands with the help of Zola and starts brushing her teeth. Her mind flashes back to the last time she told someone she was pregnant.
      "You're what?!" Shawn explodes. Becky had given him a small box with the announcement and a pair of baby booties inside. The reveal was not going as she thought it would. "How could you be so stupid? I can't believe your that dumb of a bitch. Now we're going to be stuck with that thing. If you think for one second I'm staying with it all the time, you're insane," Shawn rants. Tears prick at the corners of Becky's eyes from the verbal beat down. She had thought he would be happy, but she knows that was a mistake now.
      "Hey, where'd you go," Zola questions worriedly. Becky had been rinsing off the end of her toothbrush for far longer than necessary. Her eyes had glossed over during her movements.
     "No where, sorry, what did you say?" Becky responds, trying to play off what really just happened.
     "Ok..., I asked why you think they couldn't help," Zola explains, not fully believing his girlfriend's response.
      "Because they can't really give me something to fix the problem unless it's to stop being pregnant and I don't really want to do that," Becky answers nervously. Her head hangs low as she does so. She's just waiting for the explosion to come.
     "Hey,...look at me, Reebs," Zola orders gently. His heart is beating uncontrollably. He needs to make sure he understands what Becky is saying. "You're pregnant?" Zola asks  once he sees Becky's eyes meet his own in the mirror. He sees the fear in her cerulean blues.
     Becky timidly nods her head in confirmation. She's shocked when Zola grabs her arm, forcing her to turn around. Becky waits for the hit that never comes. She's instead picked up and spun around.
     "We're having a baby" Zola states in disbelief. "We're having a baby!" he exclaims again, twirling the blonde in his arms around one more time. He sets her down on the ledge of the sink. Zola leans forward and peppers kisses all over her face. The smile plastered on his face is so wide Zola thinks it might be permanent.
      "You're not mad?" Becky asks in confirmation. She never thought Ali would be right about this.
     "Babe, no, never. This is the best thing that's ever happened besides me getting to be with you and El," Zola assures. His heart drops a little seeing that Becky isn't as excited as he is. He loves Becky and can't understand why she wouldn't feel the same way if she loves him back.
     "Oh, thank god," Becky lets out along with a few tears. She quickly swipes them away while cursing her hormones. A smile spreads across her face as relief fills her body. "We're having a baby," Becky gleefully admits. Her words cause Zola to pick her up again. He carries her over to the bed before gently laying her down. He presses their lips together as he leans over top of the blonde. They break apart not long after.
         Zola scoots down so that his face is level with Becky's stomach. "Hey kiddo, I'm you're dad. I don't think you can hear yet but it doesn't hurt to start early. Your momma and I are so excited for you. I can't wait to tell your big sister. She's going to love you," Zola speaks as though he's holding a conversation with the baby.
      His words cause Becky's heart to sour. She's not sure how much more she can take. Thoughts of her past cross her mind causing her to wonder how she got so lucky this time around. Her hand raises to brush the back of Zola's neck. He follows her lead and comes back to be face to face with Becky. She immediately captures his lips with her own. 'This is what true love is,' Becky thinks.