24

Ali follows Becky down to the separate room where the coaches and staff are having their breakfast. The blonde needs her support in this.
      "Hey, what's up?" Jill asks once the two women stop in front of her. She notices Becky's hands fidgeting and the exhaustion written all over her face.
      "I...," Becky begins but the words get caught in her throat. Her heart rate starts speeding up at the idea of admitting what's going on.
     "She has the stomach flu," Ali covers, taking the situation on. She feels the anxiety seeping off the woman next to her. Ali decides to take the lead and let Becky tell the national team when she's ready.
     "Oh, well, you should have Dawn and the team doctor do a quick evaluation then head home," Jill decides. 'Luckily, there's no game associated with this camp,' she thinks to herself. The backline is anchored by the woman in front of her. Becky merely nods her head in reply, grateful that she's not getting a further investigation.
      As the two walk away, Becky breathes out, "Thank you for doing that. I'm just not ready."
     "Hey, I got your back, Becks. Please, just don't wait to tell Zola. He needs to know," Ali replies before embracing the blonde. She walks off towards the team room to tell everyone else that Becky's heading home. Becky walks in the opposite direction, attempting to push aside any anxious thoughts.
--------------------------------------------------------
      "So, you have the flu," Dawn comments as she begins checking Becky out. The team doctor follows her lead and starts his own evaluation.
     "Uh, yeah, I threw up for like an hour this morning," Becky replies, remembering to follow Ali's previous lie.
     "I see," Dawn comments. Her movements come to a halt momentarily. A look crosses her face that Becky can't quite discern. "Well, I'm done here. Go ahead and head home," Dawn concludes. As Becky starts walking out the door, she, knowingly, adds, "Oh and congratulations Becky. Jill is probably to be hysterical when she finds out that you won't be around for qualifying."
      Shock abruptly stops Becky's movements. Dawn merely smiles and makes a shooing motion with her hands. Her smile turns to a smirk once Becky's gone. 'Jill is going to lose her shit,' Dawn thinks, letting out a laugh. She hopes she's in the room for when Becky finally tells her.
=============================
      Becky cautiously opens the front door to her home. She's not sure if anyone's there. Ella should definitely be in school, but as for Zola, Becky has no clue.  A sigh leaves her body when she finds no one home. Leaving her bag by the door, Becky decides to head upstairs and take a nap. Zola finds her there an hour or two later.
      "Reebs, what are you doing here," Zola asks after gently waking the woman. The bag by the door clued him into her presence at the house. It surprised him that she was home.
      "Oh, I, uh, got sick this morning," Becky explains, stumbling over what to say. Her still half asleep state makes her opt to wait for the real announcement.
     "Oh Reebs, do you need me to get you anything," Zola offers. Becky's heart melts at the immediate concern he exhibits.
     "No, just lay here with me til Ella needs to be picked up, please," Becky requests timidly. Zola instantly obliges and climbs in next to the blonde. He wraps his arms around her  and places a kiss on her forehead. A tear falls down Becky's face without him noticing. She can't help but think this might be the last time it ever happens.