9

Heather's head shoots up at the feeling of her hand being squeezed.
      "Reebs, wake up.  C'mon, Ella really needs to see her Momma," Heather coaxed.  She sees eyelids start to blink open before consciousness fully returns to the blonde. Becky jerks upright when she's fully awake.
        "Ella, where's Ella?" Becky asks frantically as she searches around the room. Her eyes land on Heather.
        "Easy, Becks, Ella is fine.  She's at the hotel with Ali and Ashlyn.  Do you remember what happened?" Heather calms as she gently pushes Becky back down on the bed.  A grimace passes across Becky's face as her actions catch up with her body.
        "Ok," Becky breathes out. "Yeah, I remember for the most part.  I guess I'm in the hospital cause of Shawn, again," she hypothesizes.  The defender is not all that shocked that if her ex husband was involved she'd end up in a hospital.  "How long have I been here?" Becky questions after a moment.  The pounding in her head is making it difficult to fully concentrate.
         "You've been out for four days.  It's friday."  Heather explains, hitting the call button for a nurse after seeing the pain cross her friend's face.
        "You mean I missed the game?"  Becky confirms slightly annoyed with the new information.
       "Only you would wake up after being unconscious due to their exhusband and be more upset that it made you miss a game,"  Hao states incredulously as she shakes her head in disbelief.  Becky laughs at her comment, but her demeanor quickly turns serious.
        "How...how bad was it?" Becky inquires quietly.  She know Heather understands what she's really asking.
       "It was...bad, Becks.  Alyssa thought you were gonna die before you even got to the hospital.  Ella hasn't spoken since we told her she couldn't see you.  Your ribs punctured a lung, your collar bone is broken, and you definitely have a concussion," Hao explains.  The words are tough for her to get out.  She wishes the blonde didn't have to go through any of this.
       "Oh, El,...she probably thinks I'm dead,"  Becky lets out with a sigh.  She'd never envisioned this life for her daughter.  The conversation is interrupted by a nurse and doctor.  Both ask her numerous questions and check her vitals.

=============================
       "C'mon squirt, don't you wanna see your Momma?" Ashlyn asks the little girl following reluctantly behind her.  Ella had been dragging her feet ever since they told her see could go visit her mom.  The little blonde nods her head as she looks down at her feet.
       "Hey, I promise you it's going to be okay.  Your mom is going to be so happy to see you,"  Ali assures as she crouches down to the overall clad child's height.  Ella offers Ali her hand as if to say she understands before the trio continue towards Becky's hospital room.  She stops short at the door.  The fear she'd been holding in her tiny body freezes her in place.
         "El, come here my sweet girl,"  Becky calls out as she sees the shadow being casted from the doorway.  At her voice Ella sprints into her mother's arms.  Becky immediately hoists the girl into the bed with her.  "Oh, El, it's okay hun," Becky soothes as tears fall down her daughter's face.
       "I missed you, Momma," Ella says into the crook of Becky's neck.  Ali and Ashlyn watch the scene unfold from the doorway.  Both women can't help the tears that form in their eyes at the reunion.  The feeling of Ella in her arms and the knowledge of the emotional toll the whole ordeal has taken on her is enough for Becky to make a decision.  She knows it's time to tell the truth about everything from the beginning.