Comfort

Comfort:

I paced around the living room while biting my nails. Archie and my dad went to Pop's last night and they're not back until now.

I woke up like 3:00 in the morning to check on theam in their own rooms but they're not here. I tried calling and texting Archie and dad and neither of them are answering. Because of my nervousness I finished three bottles of water already.

I probably roamed the whole house already. I finally sat down on the couch and played with my phone.

After a few minutes my phone vibrated. I immediately stood up and answered the call not even bothering to see who the he is calling me.

"Hello? Archie is that you? Oh my God, I am so so worried about you! Where are you and dad?" I panicked.

"Sorry this isn't Archie" I heard a female voice say in the other end of the line. Betty Cooper.

"Oh sorry. Hey Betty. What's up" I casually greeted.

"And Speaking of Archie he called me--"

"He called you? When? What did he say?" I said. I started panicking when I heard Archie's name.

"He's in the hospital. Fred got shot"

The moment I heard Betty's response, I froze in my seat and dropped my phone.

Dad was shot?

How? Why? Who in Riverdale would want my dad dead?

I immediately changed clothes and rushed outside. I don't have a drivers license which practically forced me to get a cab. Betty texted me the name of the hospital and the driver drove there.

I fished a few bills from my wallet and coins from my pocket and tossed them to the driver before running inside. I saw Archie pacing around the hall, Veronica attempting to calm him down and Betty talking to the doctor.

I ran towards my brother and hugged him. That's when I notice his letterman jacket is covered in blood and he looks completely worn out.

"What happened?" I asked. Tears are starting to form in my eyes. If it's alright, I don't want to hear how dad got shot.

"Some guy at the diner last night shot dad... I couldn't do anything about it, when he held the gun at the side of my head I was frozen. And then he ran out" Archie explained.

"Oh my God" I breathed out and started crying again. I cried so hard that I began shaking.

"Why... Who would want to kill dad? He's one of the greatest people here in this Godforsaken town!!" I cursed.

"Betty please go and find Jughead" I heard Archie whisper to Betty. Betty nods her head and left us.

"No one knows Y/N. Sheriff Keller and the other police are already looking for whoever was under that hood" Archie said. "They brought Archie in the office and had a few people wear mask. Archie looked at them to see if somehow one of them might be the guy who shot Fred" Veronica adds.

I nod my head. Betty came inside with Jughead trailing behind her.

"Oh Y/N" he breathed out and knelt beside me and pulled me in his arms. I cried again.

Jughead rubbed circles on my back and kissed my temple a few times. I laid my head against his chest. Archie, Betty and Ronnie already left the room, leaving me alone with Jughead.

"It's alright Y/N. Fred's a strong man. He's gonna be alright" Jughead assured me. I pulled away and loomed at Jughead.

"I know... But what if he won't make it?" I asked. Jughead cupped my face in his hands and placed gentle kiss on my forehead. "He won't die Y/N. He still has to witness us get married someday" he said with a playful smirk.

I giggled. "You're right" I said.

Jughead rests his forehead on mine. I stares into his eyes and smashed my lips against his. He kissed back. Instead of our usual kiss that instantly turns into a make out session, this kiss was different. We poured our love and emotions through the kiss.

We pulled away and smiled. "I love you Jughead"

"I love you too" he smirks.

***********

Hey guys.

I am so sorry this is so short.

Vote.
Comment.
Follow.