Serpent Life [Part 2]

Y/N's POV

It's been two weeks since Jughead moved to Southside High. Everyday he hangs out with Toni and I and we soon became best friends. I helped him with his southside life and everything.

He told me about his life back in Riverdale. About his friends Archie Andrews, Veronica Lodge, Kevin Keller and Betty Cooper (also his girlfriend).

I never had friends. Basically the only friend I have is Toni. People feared me for being the baddest of all the serpents.

Right now, I'm sitting at Pop's Chock Lit Store with Jughead and Toni. They managed to drag me here when I clearly told them that I'm not in the mood to go out.

"I can't believe you guys actually brought me here" I mumbled while eating my fries. "It's the Friday night, Y/N. Come on, live a little" Jughead encouraged me with a smirk.

"Yeah, I'll live a little to kill you" I playfully threatened him in return. He throws a fry at me.

Toni laughed at us.

The doors opened and people walked inside. They looked around the store but stopped at us. "Jughead?" the blonde asked.

Jughead turns around and gasps. "Betty? Guys what are you doing here?" he asked. "What are you doing here? With her?" the blonde, Betty, demanded.

"She's my friend. Can't I hang out with her?" Jughead said. "Not when you're dating me" she crossed her arms. Jughead scoffs, "A-Are you joking?"

I then grabbed Toni's hand and together we left the shop, Jughead calling our names but we didn't look back. We hopped on our motorbikes and drove back to our side of the town.

"Damn" Toni mumbled after taking our helmets off. "Blondie's jealous"

I scoffed, "No shit, Sherlock"

I walked inside my apartment building, Toni following behind me. We live in different houses.

I walked inside my apartment and placed my helmet on the couch before passing out on the floor.

Jughead's POV

"Y/N!! Toni!!" I called their names but I groaned when I saw the hopping on their motorbikes and disappeared.

I sighed and faced my friends. "What's with you today, Jughead? You've been ignoring us these past few days. Did we do something wrong?" Archie asked.

"Is it wrong to be friends with someone else?"

"Uh yes, especially when that chick is insanely hot" Veronica says. Both Archie and Betty looked at her in disbelief. "What? I'm being serious here! Have you seen her?" V adds.

I shook my head and looked at Betty and then at Archie. "Look guys. I know that deep inside, you never want to be with me. I get it, I just come to accept that I belong here. This is me, and none of you can change that. Being a snake runs in my blood since the beginning" I said.

I grabbed my Serpent jacket before leaving the store, Betty running after me.

"Why are you doing this, Jug? Is it because of that bitch?" she asked. I glared at her, "First of all... She's not a bitch! You are! You don't even know what she's been through! You don't know their lives as serpents!" I shouted.

Betty flinched. "Is it because I'm not a serpent? I can change, Jug. I can join your side if that's what it takes" she said.

I shook my head. "No, Betty. You're too good for me. You deserve someone else, I honestly don't know why I asked you out when everyone knows someone can treat you better" I said.

Betty shake her head as tears started steaming down her face. "No...."

"I'm sorry Betty. This isn't working out anymore" I said.

I kisses her forehead before jumping on my motorbike.

"No... Jughead, please! Don't leave me! I love you!!" Betty begged but I was already driving away, back to my dad's trailer. I threw my helmet on the couch and searched the fridge for something to eat. I settled on finishing the milk that's inside a carton.

I sat on the couch and stared drinking the milk.

My phone vibrated and I received a message from Y/N.

How are your friends?

I typed, Good. I broke up with my girlfriend.

She replied a minute later, Sorry. What happened?. I replied, It's better this way.

I dropped my phone on the couchand sighed.

About ten minutes later, someone is knocking on my door. Without even opening it, the person walks inside. I turn around and saw Y/N. She's wearing a red shirt, blue jeans and red converse and of course her serpent jacket.

She gave me a warm she before sitting down next to me. "Girl Next Door?" she laughed at Betty's nickname.

I found myself laughing as well. "So what happened? I mean, you don't have to share if you're not comfortable with talking about it" she adds.

I felt bad. She talked to me about her family problems, how her parents always fight and her dad abuses her at times.

"Betty has always been the perfect girl. She's practically the best at everything. She's the good girl" I began. "We're not exactly that close, our friendship began because of Jason's death. His murder brought us closer together. But the one day, she was having problems because her mom kept her sister from her. She needed someone to talk to and I was there. We kissed and things escalated after that" I sighed, "I question why she's dating me. She can have any guy she wants, but instead she chose me. I'm the complete definition of weirdo and freak. Students at Riverdale High thought I killed Jason. Betty's too good for me, she doesn't deserve me" I finished.

Y/N held my hand and smiled at me. I smiled back.

The next thing we knew, we were slowly leaning forward and our lips touched.

Y/N and I are kissing!!!!

We pulled away when we needed air. We simply are looking at each other and smiled.

"I like you" we both said at the same time.

************

Part 3 is coming up!

Vote.
Comment.
Follow.