The Risk Of Falling

The Risk Of Falling:

I held onto my books while watching Betty and Jughead walk through the halls, hand-in-hand. I can't help but feel jealous while watching them stare at each other lovingly.

The whole gang knows I'm head over heels for my childhood best friend, except for Jughead himself who is too oblivious.

I've been keeping my feelings for Jughead a secret from everyone, until Veronica came. She easily saw everything and teased me about it everyday. Soon Kevin found out, then Archie and Betty.

Betty knows and she keeps saying she's sorry this has to happen, that she's now dating Jughead. She claims it started when she's worrying about Polly and Jughead was there for her.

No wonder he keeps blowing me off before.

It hurts to be honest. Sometimes I just wish I was Betty. People paid too much attention to her, I mean she is the Girl Next Door. People love her while they despise me, saying I'm not worth being a Cooper. Even mom and dad hate me.

I sighed and leaned against the lockers, trying not to cry. "Come on Y/N. Don't take this personally" Veronica said.

I sighed and wiped the tears away. "How can I not?" I mumbled. "I've always been there for him, not once have I left him. Whenever he calls me to ask help, or he just needs someone to talk to, not once have I let him down. Mom and dad practically hate me because I spend my time with Jug way too much, but I didn't care!" I started ranting.

"Why does love have to be so hard? Now I'm watching the love of my life with my sister" I add.

Veronica wrapped her arm around me and kissed my forehead.

The couple soon approached us with smiles in their faces. "Hi" Betty smiles. "Why are you crying Y/N? What happened?" Jug asked, his face filled with concern.

"Nothing. I just remembered this sad movie I watched a few nights ago" I lied. I laughed a bit and then wiped the tears away.

"Oh okay. Well uhm... Me and Betty are going to Pop's. Wanna join us?" he says. I looked at Betty to see her busy texting someone on the phone. I returned my gaze on Jughead to see his eyes filled with hope, hoping I'd say yes.

But just before I was about to say yes Veronica spoke. "Actually! I already invited Y/N to go shopping with me right now" she says, linking arms with me.

I nod my head. "Yeah. Sorry Ronnie, I almost forgot" I said.

Jughead nods his head sadly.

After about six hours, school is over. It never got better because I keep seeing Jughead with Betty.

I closed my locker shut to see Jughead standing beside me. "Hi" he smiles. "Hey?" I said, unsure if he really is talking to me. I mean, ever since he started dating Betty we barely have time for each other. It got to the point where our usual 5 hour chat turned to 5 minute chat.

"So uhm I was wondering if you want to hang out with me at Pop's tonight? Like old times?" he says. I narrowed my eyes at him, "Are you sure you're not practicing these lines for Betty?" I asked.

"No uh she's doing a school project with someone. I just wanna spend more time with my best friend because we sort of list contact since I started dating your sister" Jughead laughs a bit.

I bit my lip to try not to cry. "Yeah sure. See you around...?"

"7:30?"

"Cool. See you" he smiles. Jughead gives me a hug then left school, laptop in hand.