1.

Today, the sky is the bluest it has ever been, the sun is shining down on the Earth and birds are singing. It is the perfect day for a miracle.

Or at least that's what the novice angel thought as she looks around to see if anyone is in sight. Everything looks FINE. Only the Pearly Gates, St. Peter's most prized possession, stands, shining in all it's pearlescent glory.

Just in case though, she looks right and left and takes a quick peek above her. Nope, no sign of an Omnipotent presence or one angelic feather in sight.

She exhales a sigh of relief. "Everyone else can do it. I don't see why I can't." She keeps muttering to herself, unconsciously jutting out her chin in defiance as she shoves the flowing sleeves of her robe up to her shoulder and bends her arms in supplication, a look of intense concentration on her face.

What Sana, novice angel Sana, is trying to do is to create something she has been expressly forbidden to do. She is trying to create a miracle.

C-rack!

The blast that results is enough to rock the heavenly firmament. Small stray clouds that are unfortunate enough to be near Sana are obliterated entirely while others skitter through the sky as a wind of hurricane proportions blows past.

Sana is flat on her back, both arms and legs extended out like she is trying to make a snow angel on the cloud floor, a dazed look on her face as the dark smoke is blown away from her features.

She blinks once, twice then blows at the lock of hair that has dislodged itself to hang over her eyes. She moves her limbs very very tentatively.

Fingers and toes wiggle, neck moves from side to side, heartbeat is normal. Sana sighs. Nothing is broken.

She sits up to try and assess the damage to her surroundings. And is promptly distracted by her halo as it slips down into her eyes. She shoves it back into place with an irritated growl and proceeds to stand up, smoothing down her robe to cover bare legs and shimmying a bit to straighten out crumpled feathers.

A couple of snow white feathers fall out and Sana frowns. "I'm molting again." She sighs. "Why am I the only angel that molts?" She says, looking up in the sky with a defeated expression on her face.

Her monologue is interrupted by a muffled grunt emanating from her left side. There is only one person it can be.

"Momo? Momo, is that you?" Another grunt sounds.

"Where are you?"

Bare feet pops out from a nearby cloud, coloured black by the explosion. "Oh there you are." Sana trudges to the struggling legs. Soon, a mop of blonde hair and clear black eyes surface from the cloud to stare at her in a dazed manner, coughing out bits of fluff.

"What happened?"

"Nothing." Sana tells , brown eyes refusing to look at her as she stares guiltily somewhere near Momo's right ear.

Momo looks at her skeptically as she turns around and promptly freezes in horror. "Dear God In Heaven! Something did happen, Sana!" Momo says in appalled disbelief as she tugs at Sana's sleeves.

"Look what you did now."

Sana turns around to look and almost dies again.

"You've broken the Pearly Gates!"

Sana covers her face with both hands as she groans in intense denial. She slowly opens her hands again and peeks through the space between her fingers. Her stomach drops clear through to the Earth.

She walks towards her latest catastrophe with Momo who slings a sympathetic arm over her shoulder, shaking her head all the way.

When they are near enough to asses the damage, Sana stops, unable to move as she gazes in horrified silence at the Pearly Gates...or what is left of it.