20.

It's night and they ride in Sehun's limousine towards the opera house, where the evening's symphony performance is opening the holiday concert season. Sehun doesn't really enjoy these functions but they are a necessity to his business.

Normally, Baekhynun, Chanyeol and Jongdae accompanied Sehun, their presence making the work more efficient. But tonight the three are busy with other things so Sehun planned to go alone. That is...until Sana entered his life.

Sana sits across from him, extraordinarily quiet, but looking like she just stepped out of the pages of a fashion magazine. She looks like a model in the black gown and fur-lined cape, her normally tousled black hair were made up and showing the sharp contours of her slim face. The platinum angel wing on the curve of her ear catching the light from the streets.

Sehun can't understand it but there is a tension in the car which is as thick as gold bars and seems equally impenetrable. He, a businessman who deals with the most difficult men in the business world and intimidates the best of them, cannot seem to deal with this one person named Sana.

Sehun has a feeling he can't do anything right where Sana is concerned. The day has been nothing but tension. He feels that he has been doing and saying exactly the wrong thing. Which bothers him.

Sana took his breath away when she'd come down the stairs...walking, not sliding via the banister this time. Sehun complimented her and Sana looked at him like Sehun was insane and she wanted to throw something at him.

Now, as the limousine moves smoothly over the damp icy streets, Sana just stares out the fogged window, oddly silent, the incandescent light in her eyes dim.

"You're still unhappy."

Sana looks at him quietly, then shakes her head. "Not really."

"I don't bloody understand. I've sat here for the last few minutes trying to figure out what the hell is wrong." Sehun can hear the edge of anger leaking into his carefully controlled words. He thinks to soften his words so he adds, "I meant what I said."

"When?"

"Tonight. When you came downstairs, I told you how you looked."

"Yes." Sana says as she turns back to the window again. "I remember. You said wealth suits me."

From Sana's tone, you'd think Sehun told her she had a wart on her nose. Sehun feels so damned awkward. A first in so many years.

All day, no matter what he did, he couldn't do anything to please Sana. It annoys the hell out of him. The fact that he even tried to, and that he even cared, annoys him.

The limousine finally stops at the opera house. Sehun waits for Mr. Kwon to open the door and steps outside once the driver does so. He silently helps Sana down, and walks by Sana's side, only inches away from her, unconsciously guiding her.

Just ahead of them, Seoul society crowds outside and on the steps like so many voracious predators seeking prey. The sidewalks and the neighbouring buildings are also teeming with people, out to get a glimpse of the the stars and the famous. Beggars, too, lined the sidewalks, clinging to worn ratty mufflers and rusty tin cans, hoping for a handout.

Sana takes one look at them and stops abruptly, like she instantaneously grows roots. She pulls away from Sehun's side and walks away from him towards the line of the poor, her face so transparent with intentions and emotions.

"Sana."

Sana ignores him.

He watches, horrified, as Sana unscrews the exorbitantly expensive earring and moves to hand it to an outstretched hand.

"What the hell are you doing?" He hisses out as he grabs Sana's hand.

Sana looks up at him in surprise, then concern. She looks at the beggars then back at Sehun.

"Someone has to help them." Sana places a hand on Sehun's arm. He looks at Sana for a very long time.

"No matter how solitary your world is, Sehun, not everyone is strong enough to make it all alone."

Sehun knows he's lost.

Sana's voice becomes even smaller. "They could be fallen angels."

Sehun pinches the bridge of his nose and sighs before he puts a hand into his pocket. His voice is more gruff than he would have liked when he says, "Put the earring back on." He holds out a handful of money.

An instant later he receives a gift worth more than any fortune.

Sana's smile.

I've lost inspiration.