31

Somewhere in the distance a church bell rang and wakes him up. He reaches out to his side, hands ready to clasp at a warm hand only to touch cool sheets...the bed is empty.

He assumes that Sana is in the bathroom though he can't hear any sounds to indicate it. He wants to join Sana but thought that she might want some privacy after what's happened. He waits for Sana instead, locking hands behind his head and staring up at the canopy with contentment.

He smiles and closes his eyes as he waits for Sana to come back to bed.

Hours later, Sehun realises he fell asleep again. He doesn't know how long he's slept but Sana is nowhere around. A gnawing, fearful feeling settles over him.

Sehun throws back the covers and stands up, scanning the room for any signs. The dressing room is empty and the bathroom door is open, the room dark. His stomach turns over in fear as he hurries inside the bathroom, stepping around baskets of sleeping puppies, kittens and rabbits.

Sana isn't there.

"Sana?" Sehun calls out, rushing back into the bedroom. Silence, like a cold invisible mist, settles heavily down on him, broken only for seconds by a sleepy meow and puppy whimpers.

Unable to stop the growing dread in his heart he shouts, "Sana!", putting on his clothes as he does so. With frenzied panic, he burst out of the gold bedroom and runs down the hall, only stopping when he is at the top of the stairs. "Sana!" he yells once again, Sana's name echoing through the gallery like a mocking counterpoint to his shout.

Sehun looks in every corner of his house on hell- sped feet, looking, searching, hoping...all the time unconsciously murmuring one name.

Sana.