10.

CRINGE ALERTTTT!!!

i know this is really cringy and cheesy and like every romantic story on wattpad. It's nothing original ad i'm sorry for the lack of creativity. to be honest i dont really feel like continuing this fic. idk but i just dont feel happy with the way it has turned out. When i started it, i had set out to write "handful of forevers 2nd edition" . you know something super angsty. this is just too cringy and happy and generic. anyways here's the new chapter. i'll update everyday. if i'm not consistent i'll probably stop writing this and fortunately y'all like this, so i'll try my best.

read awayyy

Sana sits in the large leather wing chair in Sehun's study and looks at the paintings, the antique furnishings, the long elegant windows that look out over the street two stories below, and the snow that is falling outside. She looks at everything. Except Sehun.

"Sana."

Sana turns towards him.

He doesn't look at Sana. He sits behind his massive cherry oak desk, his chair facing the right side of the room, his gaze fixed on a Rembrandt painting on the wall. Sehun maintains a relaxed position and picks up an old-fashioned fountain pen on his desk, absently tapping one end on his desk blotter. "You said something that caught my attention when you were in this house before."

Sana doesn't say anything though she does wonder what she could have said that could possibly be of interest to someone like Sehun.

"You claimed there are things that money can't buy."

"There are."

"I don't agree."

"Why am I not surprised?" Sana mutters. "But..."

Before Sana could say another word, Sehun raises his hand. "Let me finish. I don't agree but I like challenges."

"What a surprise." Sana says wryly.

Sehun gives Sana a pointed glare, indicating that he wants Sana to be silent.

"I find what you said very intriguing."

"And? What are you getting at, exactly?" Sana says, her features scrunching up in concentration.

"I'm giving you the opportunity to prove your point."

"I don't exactly understand you." Sana says cautiously.

"You claim that you have no place to go."

Sana nods. "It isn't a claim. It's the truth."

"If that is the case, then it is simple. I'm offering you this house to stay in. You, in turn, will attempt to prove your theory correct."

Sehun swings his chair to face Sana. "Prove to me that there are things in this world that money can't buy."

"Why?" Sana blurts out. "Why this? And why me?"

Sehun leans back with a bored look that Sana thinks is too calculated to be real. "For entertainment."

"But you called this a challenge."

"It is." Sehun raises the pen again and twirls it lazily. "You see, while you are trying to show me the things that money can't buy, I, in turn, will show you just exactly what money can buy. Each of us will be out to prove our point."

"What are the stakes?"

Sehun looks surprise but then his mouth quirks up and laughter pours forth. An honest genuine laugh with no sardonic tone to it. It sounds rusty to Sana, like a gate left un-oiled for a long time, like it isn't used often. There is an amused glint to his eyes.

"Name your price."

Sana shakes her head. "You always think in terms of money, don't you?"

"Name your reward then."

Sana thinks about her circumstances and her goal. This is almost too easy, like Sehun's plot is playing right into Sana's hands.

Maybe, Sana thinks optimistically, her years in heaven has finally earned her a miniscule amount of divine help.

"Anything?" Sana ventures cautiously.

There is something dangerous and wicked in Sehun's eyes when he answers. "Absolutely anything."

"Then," Sana says, propping her arms on the table and leaning forward to stare Sehun in the eyes, "if I prove you wrong, you will, personally, and once a week, find and create an opportunity for one who has lost all hope. Someone like those people I gave your five thousand dollars to today."

Sana watches for Sehun's reaction.

"Fine."

Sana freezes. Sehun agreed too easily. She looks suspiciously at the man behind the desk. "What do you get out of this?"

For a while it seems that Sehun would not answer Sana as he stares at the release papers in his hands. He appears to be thinking deeply.

After a long silence, Sana cocks her head and says, "Sehunnie~?"

Sehun looks up.

"You haven't answered me."

Sehun gives the paper another long look, then seems to come to a decision as he sets it aside with a perfunctory flick of his wrist.

"I'll get companionship." He says in a clipped tone as he braces his hands on his desk, standing up quickly. He shuffles the papers on his desk into an orderly pile and in a business-like tone, tells Sana "I have an engagement to attend tomorrow night and another a few days later. You will accompany me."

Sana turns away then and walks to the windows to stare at the street outside.

"Er, you mean, like, go with you?"

"Yes."

"With the others?"

"Not tomorrow night. The others have things they have to attend to but they will be coming for the other event."

"So it's just the two of us?"

"Yes."

Sana's eyebrow rose up. "Aren't you afraid of being censured?"

"The opinion of others have never mattered to me."

Sana blinks. "Oh, well, if that's the case then that's that." She continues. "So that's it? That's all I do? Just go with you?"

"Anywhere I ask."

Sana stands up enthusiastically. "Okay then. We have a deal."

Sehun presses a button on the intercom and the butler Mr. Kim enters. Sehun is facing the butler but his gaze is on Sana. "Show her to the gold suite, Mr. Kim."

Suddenly, Sana has an uneasy feeling like she has just jumped into a lake with her hands and feet tied.

"See that she has everything she wishes," Sehun pauses, a silence filled with meaning, then adds, "Anything that money can buy."