18.

Sehun hands Jongdae various documents he's requested and stands up. They leave the library and go into the foyer where he leans against the newel post, idly watching Jongdae carefully put the papers into his case. Sehun still hasn't mentioned anything about the release papers mainly because he knows that once the release papers are signed, he would have no reason to keep Sana with him, and he wants Sana to be here. With him.

There is no plausible or logical justification or acceptable explanation. Entertainment, challenges, companionship- they all sound so weak and illogical. What it eventually boils down to is that he doesn't really want to explain to anyone what his motives are. He can't really explain how he wants to keep a girl who claims she is homeless, a girl who is fallen, by his side.

The release could hang in limbo for all eternity. The paper annoys Sehun because it reduces Sana to nothing more than a liability, a signature on a piece of paper.

Jongdae pauses at the foot of the stairs. "I forgot to ask. Did you get the release signed?"

"No."

"This is important, Sehun. You've got to make her sign it. You know how Ahn and other high profile clients will react if they know that EXO Enterprises is embroiled in a lawsuit. Even something as petty as this. Not good for the public image."

Sehun feels his hand tighten on the newel post. "I'll take care of it."

Sehun doesn't flinch at the little lie that issues from his mouth. But his fingers twitch to push Jongdae out to whatever business he needs to do for the company. He takes a step towards the door, hoping that Jongdae would follow, but his attention is caught by the flash of white near the top of the stairs.

He looks up with a sense of doom.

Sana never looks down. Sehun watches, stunned, as Sana straddles the banister and slides down the staircase, singing a song about this being better than wings in heaven. She only deigns to look down when she is a few feet from the bottom. She sees Sehun but all she has time to say is a startled "Uh-oh".

It is the last thing Sehun hears before Sana sails into him.

"Oof."

Sehun lies still on the marble floor of the foyer, trying to catch the breath that's been knocked out of him. He blinks, seeing glowing blinking stars in front of his eyes before they solidify into Sana's blurry, surprised face. Sehun shakes his head to clear it.

Sana lies atop him, her nose just inches away.

Sana's sheepish gaze is peering down at him, her lips turned up in a mischievous grin. "You know." she says, shaking a finger in his face, "I was just thinking about you. Hahat."

"You slid down the banister." Sehun says in a disbelieving voice.

Sehun shrugs. "You said to come down. And quickly, you said."

Sehun sits upright quickly, holding Sana to him. Sana squeaks and grabs his neck. They share a look, a private look that seems to speak of what happened in the pond yesterday, and an instant later both of them are laughing.

"Well, well, well, Sehun."

Sehun freezes for a moment. Then he turns his head to see Jongdae was leaning against the front door with an all-too-knowing look in his eyes.

i'm going to write both the au's. People you're getting a sana sehun medieval romance fic and secretary boss fic for somi and jaebum.