2.

All he hears is a startled shout before a dull thud shudders throughout the car.

"She just appeared in front of the car, Sir, I swear. I didn't even see her coming." The chauffeur tells his boss as he looks down at the poor girl the car hit.

His employer doesn't even answer him as he stares at the crumpled form. Long legs kneel down and elegant fingers feel for a pulse. He finds one, an erratic but steady beat.

"Mr. Oh, you've got to believe me! I never even saw her."

"Mr. Kwon! Cease your babbling and control yourself!" A sharpness in the tone warns the chauffeur to get a hold of himself. "She isn't dead." As the driver watches, his employer gathers the victim in his arms effortlessly and stands up.

"The house is nearby. I will carry her. Mr. Kwon, go to the doctor. Tell him it's an emergency and bring him to the house."

All throughout the quiet, calm commands, the driver just stares in stunned silence at his employer. It's strange to see his boss show this much consideration to anyone, least of all a stranger. It takes a sharp "Mr. Kwon!" to snap him out of it.

"Yes, sir!"

With that, Oh Sehun doesn't spare his chauffeur another glance as he strides briskly to the sidewalk, the glow of streetlights illuminating the dark winter night easily enough that he does not have to watch the ground too closely for anything that might trip him. He hears the car revving up and pulling away from the curb in a powerful burst of gasoline but it is a distant sound, detached, like everything else around him, as he stares down at the girl in his arms.

Holding someone is a foreign feeling for him, he's never felt the need to do so in the past 25 years of his existence. Sehun scans the unconscious girl's face clinically, noting the features and the bruises. By his estimate, Sehun would say the girl is around his age.

How can someone just materialise in front of a car like that? He wonders to himself. Sehun had been staring in front the whole time when the strange girl got hit by the car so he knows his chauffeur was not lying when he said the girl appeared mysteriously.

Sehun needs answers. Not to mention a possible release form in case the girl sues him. Sehun wouldn't put it past anyone not to use this opportunity. He sighs.

He looks again at the features of the person in his arms, hoping for some answers to the strange occurences but finds none. The girl has a pale face that's ghostly pale right now because of the accident. The paleness contrasts with the rich raven hair that splays over the girl's face. His fingers itch to touch it to see if it is as silky as it looks. But he doesn't. He doesn't want a sexual harassment suit on top of the car issue after all.

A trickle of blood runs from the girl's lips and there are scratches on one side of her face. Gashes peek out from the torn jeans, ruined cardigan and pink shirt where her skin came into contact with the car and rough concrete pavement.

The girl's breathing is labored. Tight and short, indicating that the girl is in pain. But she makes no sound, no moans, no screams of protest, no nothing. This startles him. Usually people scream to high heaven with so much as a scratch.

A faint scent of sunshine clings to the girl's skin, a clean scent that reminds Sehun of simple uncomplicated things. Things that have been excised from his life a long time ago, things he has foregone for the complications and cutthroat politics of business.

He finds himself missing those things but he brushes them aside with ruthless ease. It's just an unproductive use of his time.

A moment later he is in front of the sprawling marble monstrosity that he calls his home, or a near approximation of a home. It is where he stays to sleep, to eat, to hold parties for his business associates. It meets his needs.

He runs up the stairs that lead to the front door and kicks at the door, his hands being full of an unconscious girl to push the doorbell ringer.

Nothing happens. Sehun curses, quietly but quite colorfully, before he awkwardly pushes the ringer with his nose.

A deep, booming muffled sound echoes inside and the massive doors click open a moment later.

His butler, Mr. Kim, opens the door and doesn't even so much as blink as he sees his master with an unconscious person in his arms. "Sir, Master Park, Kim and Byun are waiting in your sanctum. Would you like me to take this person and put her in one of the guest rooms?"

Sehun nods in approval as he gingerly hands off his unexpected burden. "Excellent. Perhaps they'll know what I should do with this little dilemma. Bring our...guest to the library."