34

"For the last time Ahn, forget about the release!" Sehun cuts through the middle of his associate's prattle with a cold glare. "I have other things to see to, least of all that. Get it into your head. I. Do. Not. Care. Fuck the release!" He storms out, finally breaking the icy cold façade he has been maintaining since that night, the anger and desperation seeping out in his voice.

This burst of emotion makes the members of EXO Enterprises release a breath of relief simultaneously. They were of like mind that bottling it up would only make the EXO Enterprises leader more brittle than he already is.

Although who can blame him. Time is going by. A week has already gone since Sana's disappearance.

Sehun can't find Sana. No one can find her not even EXO Enterprises. There is no trace of her anywhere, anywhere that money, power and influence can look for. No one's even seen Sana leave. It really seemed like she had never existed...

"You know what, I actually really fervently hope that she comes back and sues the hell out of me." Sehun continues as he turns his back on Ahn, to stare out the window. "At least then I'd know where she is."

Ahn rises from his chair, picking up the briefcase he brought with him and snaps it close. He stands there for an awkward moment, staring at the man he had thought as a cold bastard, in an agony of uncertainty. He felt pity. "I'm sorry, OH."

Sehun doesn't respond and minutes later the door clicks close. A dull roar of an engine heralds Ahn's leaving as Sehun sees Ahn's limo pull away from his driveway.

Sehun just sits there staring at the falling snow as he relives memories of Sana standing under a tree with a pile of snow on her, so much snow that she looks like a snowman...Sana's face looking up at him, velvet brown eyes sparkling, the crinkle in her nose as she scrunches it up whenever Sana fails to understand something.

He remembers the mistletoe Chanyeol hyung had strategically placed. A sweet kiss. Christmas greens. The cornhusk angel atop a tree. And another angel, the only angel he has ever known.

He stands up suddenly, startling the three who look at him simultaneously from their different locations in the room. He ignores them as he makes his way to the hall and up the stairs. When he reaches Sana's bedroom, his hand pauses on the door knob. He knows the room is empty but some illogical hope still kindles inside his chest. If he opens the door at the right time, maybe, just maybe Sana would be there...

He opens the door.

And the hope dies in his chest.

He steps into the room, locking the door behind him.

Puppies, kittens and rabbits greet him but he ignores them, his gaze fixated on the bed, to the piece of cloth that still lies, seemingly forgotten, on the sheets...right where Sana had lain so many days ago...Days before, when his world seemed to be perfect. When he thought that everything would finally be different from his life before...when he thought that love would finally be his.

Now there is just his silk shirt, nothing more. He reaches out and touches it hesitantly, scared that it would disappear too, the way Sana did.

It doesn't disappear. He picks it up, the silk smooth and cool to his touch, as he sits down on the bed. He stares at the shirt. Sana's scent is still faintly there, the scent of sunshine on a warm summer's day, telling Sehun that everything had been real. That the shirt is real and here.

But Sana isn't.

A puppy jumps into his lap, then another and another. One of them is chewing on something and he gently takes it from its mouth. It's the angel wing earring. Sana's earring. His hand closes tightly on it as if by doing so he can bring Sana home to him.

Fly home to me, my angel.

The kittens crawl up the chair and the rabbits chew on his shoelaces. He looks at them and then at the earring, then at the silk shirt he clutches in his hands.

A moment later he buries his face in the shirt and amazingly, for the first time in a very long while, Oh Sehun allows himself to cry.