36

Sehun searches everywhere. Over sideways and under, every person who has ever talked to Sana in Seoul, every place she has gone to, not a stone was left unturned. And when Seoul couldn't give the answer, Sehun turns his formidable will, wealth and influence towards other provinces, other countries...there is no place where EXO Enterprises couldn't get into.

Sana did not leave any visible evidence she's ever lived except for those whose hearts she had touched.

Every day Sehun would sit down on the bench on the park, wanting to see Sana running in the snow, wishing to hear the laughter. All he finds is the world moving on without him.

He feels like time has rewinded to how he has been before, like a stranger looking into a world where he does not fit in, unwanted, lost...not even the presence of Chanyeol, Jongdae and Baekhyun, which has always been a small balm to his loneliness before, soothes the ache inside.

He scours the European Christmas Market, rings every bell he can find, asks children if they've seen Sana. Sana seems as elusive as the mythological Santa Claus. He goes into churches, every church and he prays, rustily at first because he hasn't done it for so long, but the prayers are never answered.

By midnight on Christmas Eve he's walked all the way to the opera house not caring about the cold or the snow. There is a performance of Bach's Christmas Oratorio scheduled.

He wanders through the crowds until everyone has gone inside. Along the way, he digs into his pockets and drops coins and bills into every dented and rusty tin can.

The snow begins to fall harder and faster. He stuffs a hundred dollar bill into an old dented tin can sitting by a crippled old man dressed in too-thin clothes, shivering. Sehun pauses and says: "The storm is going to hit sometime soon. Do you have anywhere to go?"

"I have a small apartment I share with others a few hours away from the city." The old man tries to get up, reaching for his crutches but his hands give way, too cold from the elements to move easily. He doesn't have any gloves.
Sehun helps him up then bends down to give the man the tin can. He turns and hails a cab with a sharp gesture. Once the cab stops, he opens the door and talks to the driver, beckoning to the old man to get in.

"I've paid the driver to take you home," He tells the man as he helps him inside. He stares for a moment, looking into creased eyes that shows every hard year he's lived. Without a thought, Sehun pulls off his expensive leather gloves and places them into the man's hands, closing the bent, stiff aged fingers around them. "Merry Christmas," he says as he closes the door.

For the longest time he just stands near the curb watching the taxi disappear down the snowy street. Then he turns and sticks his freezing hands into his coat pockets, walking towards home. His mind returns to the ache of loss and emptiness.

He passes a Salvation Army bell ringer near the corner and automatically reaches into his pants pocket. He finds nothing. Realisation hits that he used up the last of his money for the cab.

Sehun sighs and starts to walk away. At the last minute, he stops and takes off his gold Rolex. He looks at it for a moment as the diamonds sparkle at him, reminding him of a similar sparkle in someone's eyes.

Time doesn't matter to him anymore. Without Sana, nothing seems to matter. He tosses the watch into the collection bucket, walking away. He realised with a sudden sense of panic that the person has stopped ringing the bell.

"Don't stop ringing that bell. Please. Keep ringing, because..." His voice drops into a tight whisper and he stares in a place that was faraway from the present. "Every time a bell rings..."

"An angel gets its wings." The bell ringer finishes for him in a voice that is achingly familiar.

"Sana?" His head shoot up in disbelief. He spins around then, reaching out and pushing back the cap that had obscured the bell ringer's features. He finds soft brown eyes dancing with lights. "Sana!"

"Sehun"

And Sana is in his arms.

"God, Sana. It's really you!" He holds her so tightly that she finds it hard to breath but Sehun doesn't want to let go...the fear that Sana might disappear again foremost in his mind.

"Let go a little, Sehun!" Sana laughs breathlessly.

"No."

"I'm here now. I'm here." Sana tells him comfortingly, her voice tinged with some tears, "I'll never leave you again. It's for a lifetime."

Only then does Sehun let go enough to let the other breath. "I thought I lost you." He holds Sana's face so tenderly in his hands, like she is made of fragile glass. "I've searched everywhere, every place we've been..."
"I know." Sana says simply, hugging Sehun almost as tightly as Sehun is hugging her, burying her face at Sehun's neck. "I've missed you, Sehun."

Sehun's hands cups Sana's face, wanting to drink in Sana's features, his piercing eyes staring at her as if he intends to memorise every line on Sana's face. "Nothing matters without you. I have given away more money than I have ever had before...and I will keep on doing it again if you will always stay by me. You are everything."

A tear slides down Sana's cheek and Sehun's arms goes around Sana again. He holds Sana so damn tightly as he whispers in Sehun's ear, "My angel."

Sana disengages herself from Sehun and puts fingers to his lips, tracing the contours. "Sehun?" She says wonderingly. "Your angel?"

"My fallen angel. You've come home to me."

Sana smiles up at him then fixes an odd look up at the Heavens. Sana winks, eyes dancing a little merrily, before she looks back at Sehun, a smile on her face only for the bespectacled man who looks at her with such love in his eyes. She leans back into Sehun's arms. "Maybe, just maybe Sehun...all you had to do was whistle."

TWICE AND EXO BOTH WON DAESANGSS!!!

Mama was shit tho. MMA was so much better and SEHUN BOWED TO SANA AND SANA BOWED TO SEHUN and thats enough for me.