13.

"What? What do you mean we have to pay six dollars each for entry? That's not fair~" Sana says as she stares in dumbfounded disbelief at the park official in a blue uniform coat. The official stands inside a small toll booth that was hidden by trees and bushes from where they had came from.

The man leans forward from the window in his booth with an air of indifference. "Look, lass, I don't know or care where you get your sense of fairness from, but the fact remains that there's a six dollar toll to use the pond. Either you pay or you don't skate. It's as easy as that."

Sana can hear someone coming down the path, several someones. She doesn't want to turn around and see the triumph in Sehun's hard face but she doesn't have any choice. Directly behind her she can hear four pairs of skates crunching in the snow.

"What's the matter?" Sehun asks.

Sana stares at the ground for the longest time before she finally looks up and admits. "I was wrong. There's a fee to skate."

"Well then, I guess we should go home!" Baekhyun says, not even bothering to hide his grin as he tries to link his arm through Sana's, with the intention of dragging her away. Before Baekhyun even takes one step, Sana hears the faint dry rustle of money so she looks up.

Sehun holds out a hand with crisp new dollar bills on them. His intent clear.

"No, Sehun. Please?" Baekhyun pleads.

Sana shakes her head and says "No", crossing her arms to refuse the money. When Sana doesn't take them, Sehun turns towards the official. "How much does this booth take in on a good day?"

The man shrugs. "A thousand, maybe twelve hundred."

Sehun gives him twelve hundred-dollar bills then adds fifty dollars to it. "Consider this a good day and close up."

Sana starts to say something but Sehun grabs her arm and pulls her along. A second later his hands are on Sana's hips and with a gentle shove, he propels Sana onto the ice.

Sana wants to protest loudly that Sehun paid for something Sana planned to be free, that they don't have to do this, that she could find something else they can do.

Except that she'd forgotten one, little, itsy-bitsy detail.

She has never ice-skated before.