17.

Sana dreams that night that Sehun didn't stop kissing her in the park. She dreams that Sehun didn't look at her so strangely after. She knows that look. It's the same look the archangels had when she had knocked them off of Jacob's ladder, as if they couldn't believe Sana is real.

Sana almost wonders if the kiss was real. It's the closest thing to Heaven she's found on earth. She stretches and throws back the covers, swinging her bare legs down over the side and dangling them.

Sana still sleeps in Sehun's silk shirt with the tails that brushes past her knees. Sehun is significantly taller than she is after all. But despite the lack of apparel under the shirt, she isn't cold, even if frost did edge the windows. Sehun's household has central heating and if that isn't enough, a fire crackles in the fireplace, compliments of Sunmi, the maid who brought Sana hot chocolate in the mornings and loaned her the skates.

Morning light streams through the bedroom windows as Sana stands up and presses the button which opens the drapes automatically. On the street below, cars are stuck in the traffic common to a bustling metropolis, muffled honks filtering in the room just a little bit.

Sana wonders what Sehun is doing now. Probably off to make more money. Sana shakes her head in disbelief. The man knew how much money he made by the minute.

From this very same window Sana watched Sehun leave early this morning, when every sane human is still asleep, accompanied by his workaholic lawyer, Jongdae (which only reinforces Sana's theory that sane people did not go out that early in the morning. Chanyeol and Baekhyun went out at around 8 A.M.)

A sharp rap rattles the door. Sana jumps back into bed and pulls up the covers. "Yes?"

The door opens slowly and Sunmi appears. "Miss, your trunks have arrived."

"My trunks?" Sana repeats stupidly.

Sunmi nods and Sana leans to the left to peer past Sunmi out into the hall, where dozens of boxes sat on the floor.

Sunmi steps back. "Your things. Master Sehun informed me that they would arrive this morning."

"He did?" Sana is still goggling at the vast amounts of boxes.

"I'll run your bath, and you can relax while Mrs. Kim and I bring everything inside."

Sana takes the fastest bath in history. Then she asks Sunmi for some time alone. As soon as the maid leaves, she flies into the bedroom, rebuttons her shirt and just stands amidst the incredible amount of boxes. Sana is certain that there is enough in this room to clothe all of the homeless in Seoul.

A little while later Sana is convinced Sehun has bought out at least half of Seoul. There are clothes for EVERY occasion. Gowns, dresses, sweaters, pullovers, coats, shorts, shoes, embossed with funny names on them like Armani, Versace, Klein, Lauren, Girbaud. These humans really had such funny names, Sana thinks.

Sana plops down on the floor near one of the piles disinterestedly. Sana feels an obligation to at least look at one of the clothes more closely because Sehun went to the trouble of buying them. She grabs one of the boxes on top of the pile, lifts the lid and pushes the tissue aside.

Her heart stops for one precious moment.

Inside is a dressing robe of snow-white silk, pure and shining, run through with tiny silver threads. The silk is as soft and white as a cloud and the silver lining twinkles like so many stars. The robe almost resembles the robes Sana used to wear. A little part of Heaven. Sana's Heaven. Her only memory.

She hugs it to her chest and just sits there for the longest time, misty- eyed and unaware that she isn't alone.

"I thought you'd be pleased by this, seeing that your own clothes are ruined." Sehun stands in the doorway, watching with an edged look that says volumes. He doesn't understand why Sana looks so melancholic in the midst of all his gifts.

"They're very nice."

Nice wouldn't have been the first word Sehun chooses to describe the expensive wardrobe but that isn't his concern right now. "So nice that you're crying again."

Sana shakes her head and says wistfully, "I'm just remembering something I've lost."

Almost immediately, Sehun tenses. He looks angry. "Get dressed." His voice is tight.

Sana gives Sehun a confused look. She doesn't understand Sehun's anger.

Sehun's face turns hard, and the look in his eyes is as hard as his features. "Come downstairs quickly."

"We're going out?"

"Yes."

Sehun pauses for a moment, his hand on the door handle. He turns around. "I don't know who did this to you," He grits out. "But I'd like to get my hands on them." And before Sana can say word, Sehun shuts the door.

Sana stares, completely baffled. She did this to herself. If Sehun wanted to get his hands on the person who created Sana's situation, Sana was right here.

She drops the dressing robe and walks back to the bed, grabbing one of the casual denim jeans and simple white shirts as she walks into the dressing room, her thoughts dwelling on what Sehun said. After the kiss in the park, she knew she would be perfectly happy if Sehun wanted to put his hands on her.