12.

Sehun descends from the car, looking up the stairs leading up to his home to find Sana watching him from one of the windows upstairs. Just for a moment, before the black mop of fluffy hair disappears, leaving the drapes swing softly back into place. Sehun stares at the window for a moment longer before going up the long expanse of snowy steps to the door, fighting an urge to smile.

The front doors swing open wide and early, even before he reaches it.

Mr. Kim must be looking for a raise, Sehun muses but to his surprise it is Sana who meets him at the door. She is wearing her parka and everything else she had on since the accident, the back of her parka trailing like shredded ribbons behind her.

Sehun frowns as he cocks his head to one side, gesturing at the upstairs window. "Weren't you just upstairs?"

Sana nods.

Sehun looks down the front steps. There are twenty of them. He knows that the main staircase has at least that amount of steps again. How in God's name did Sana manage to meet him at the front door?

He looks at Sana who is flushed a bright healthy pink and panting a little as if she is out of breath. He fights another urge to smile. "Did you run down the staircase?"

"Maybe." Sana says a little breathlessly.

Sehun gestures to her clothing. "Going somewhere?"

"Yes. The five of us are."

"Five?"

"Chanyeol, Jongdae and Baekhyun are coming with us."

"I see. And how did you get them to agree out of their busy schedules?"

"She pestered our secretaries until they managed to fit her in." Chanyeol says, coming out of the house and ruffling Sana's hair as he approaches. "I don't think I've ever seen my secretary so frazzled. It was funny."

"I hope this is important." Jongdae grumbles as he buttons up his coat, "I'm not finished drawing up those merger papers you've asked for, Sehun."

"Baekhyun hyung?" Sehun asks. "I thought you had a meeting with Versace."

Baekhyun shrugs. "It'll be fun to be the one to stand them up once in awhile. Besides, we haven't had an off day in a long time.'

Sehun turns back towards Sana. "Why are we going out?"

Sehun smiles at him. "You said I was supposed to prove my theory. Well, I'm ready."

"For what, exactly?"

"Your entertainment."

Sehun gives Sana a long pointed look.

Sana stares back at him with brown eyes that are a little too red.

"Have you been crying?"

Sana looks away, scuffing her sneakers on the snowy step. "I had something in my eye."

"Both of them?" Sehun challenges.

Sana juts out her chin. It is defiance at its best, Sana's best. "Yes."

Sehun is immune to such defiance. He can outwait Sana. He crosses his arms with equal stubbornness, glaring down at Sana.

Unfazed, Sana holds out a beat-up bag. "Here."

"What's this?"

"It's a surprise."

Sehun gingerly takes the bag from Sana.

Sana stands there, silently waiting in expectation. Sehun mirrors her, standing there, silently amused.

It begins to snow again and Sana looks up into the sky. "Come on." She says finally and threads her arm through Sehun's, all but dragging him down the steps and interlinking her other arm with Baekhyun's as soon as he is within reach.