23.

Sehun stands at his office window and watches the traffic on the street below, ignoring the fact that Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Jongdae have opted to make themselves at home in his office instead of their own.

Chanyeol, whose been with him the longest, actually notices Sehun's distracted demeanour. "Sehun-ah~ are you alright? You've been staring out that window for awhile now?"

Before Sehun could think of a sharp reply, he sees a young boy in the classic messenger blue and white streak through the streets with a smile.

"What 's interesting down there?" Chanyeol asks, scanning the streets curiously for what it might be. Sehun doesn't even deign to answer the nosy question. He sits down to wait until finally the messenger bursts into the room, cheeks red with exertion and panting.

"I went as fast as I could, Mr. Oh." The boy gasps out. "I spoke to your butler, and he said to tell you that your guest is still asleep."

Three sets of eyes turn Sehun's way in curiosity but Sehun doesn't notice because he closes his eyes and sags back into his chair. The tension that's been building inside him all morning draining away at the message. He turns towards the boy, handing him the payment for the message with a twenty dollar bill tip.

"Thank you Sir!" The boy told him and turned to leave,

"Seojun?"

The boy pauses and turns back. "Sir?"

"Where's your family?"

Seojun's eyes grow large as saucers, his incredulity evident in the slack- jawed look on his face. This astonishment is mirrored in the faces of the other EXO Enterprises members.

Baekhyun's eyes look almost as large as the boy's and he's gaping at Jongdae in surprise, tugging at the lawyer's sleeve.

"I..in Busan, Sir."

"I see." And with that, Sehun falls to silence. Minutes pass and the messenger is shifting from foot to foot by now feeling like he has been forgotten. He cleared his throat. "Is that all, Sir?"

"Yes." Sehun says, turning to face the boy again, reaching into his breast pocket for his wallet and pulling out a couple of hundred bills. He stares at them for a moment before he looks at Seojun and says, "Take off the two days before Christmas and spend them with your family."

"But sir-"

"With pay. I have decided to give everyone in EXO Enterprises the two days off. Christian or not. I will be sending a memo to announce this in a few minutes."

Seojun can't believe his good fortune. He grins at Sehun. "Yes, sir! Thank you, sir!"

Sehun watches the door close, then hears a loud whoop echo down the hallway. His lips twitch a little as he sits back down into his chair. The room is strangely silent he notices, not even the perpetual rustling noises of Jongdae handling paper is heard. He looks up to find the others staring at him.

"What?"

"I've never seen you notice the hired help before let alone ask about anyone's family." Baekhyun tells him, still recovering from the shock.

"And two days company holiday? Christmas, yes, since that's an official holiday but the 24th as well?" Chanyeol asks. "Didn't you say it was one of the best times to capitalise on other people's silly sentimentality?"

"I suppose you have something to add, Jongdae hyung?" Sehun says dryly. "You might as well, seeing how everyone seems to be adding their opinion into this impromptu meeting."

Jongdae shakes his head, waving his hand in negation. "Nah, I'm good."

"Good. We've still got a lot of work to do." Sehun tells them before turning back to his own computer.

And as one, the three other EXO Enterprises members go back to their work, two questions unanswered.

"On second thought, finish up all your work in thirty minutes. We are going out."

"Huh? I don't have anything in my schedule?" Chanyeol says, looking up from his phone call.

"I have a meeting at 3 PM to go to, Sehun, how important is it?" Jongdae grumbles.

"Where ARE we going now?"

"To the European Christmas Market."

No one even blinks. With everything that's been happening, somehow it doesn't seem surprising anymore.