4.

Sehun leans a shoulder against the doorjamb with his arms crossed over his chest and just watches Sana sleep. He doesn't know why but he feels a compulsion to do so, eyeing the brunette on the bed who sleeps on her stomach, sprawled over the bed.

Sleep escapes Sehun. Of late, he sleeps little, his mind unable to rest, always prodding and pushing him to work. Work. It's all there is. He suspects that if he is to stop working, he would not know what to do and that might just be the underlying reason why he keeps himself busy with it.

It's not the money, his ventures certainly brought in enough. He works for power. Power to do anything he wants when he wants without anyone saying against him. Wealth brought him that. He has enough of it to be omnipotent if he wanted.

He should probably go back to reviewing the project Chanyeol hyung gave him earlier. A silent snort of disgust issues from Sehun at the absurdness of what he is doing but he doesn't stop. Instead, he pushes away from the door and lithely crosses the room to stand beside the bed.

Silvery moonbeams dances in the darkness of the room through the wide windows left with the curtains undrawn and shines down on the short, rich black-brown strands spilled in mild disarray around the sleeping face. Sehun wonders how long it's been since he's noticed moonlight and if he has ever paid attention to a woman's hair, before.

He reaches out and touches a strand, running a finger along it slowly. He doesn't know what he expects to feel but he isn't disappointed. The strand feels soft and silky between his fingers.

He wants to bury his hands in the mass of it.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

Sehun hides his surprise, an instinctive move born of years of lessons, natural and automatic. Just as sublimating emotions has become instinctive for him. It isn't often that anyone can surprise him anymore.

He looks directly down into velvet brown eyes, eyes that hold honest curiosity and is even now staring back at him.

"You're supposed to be asleep."

A grin quickly surfaces on the other's face as she gingerly flips herself over and sits up, fluffing up the blankets as she replies. "I've never done what I'm supposed to."

Sehun leans over on the nightstand and picks up a glass filled with milky liquid, switching on the electric lamp near it. "You didn't drink the medicine either." He says witheringly.

Sana shakes her head.

"I see." Sehun sets down the glass. "A rebel."

Sana cocks her head to one side. "More of a disaster I think. That's why I'm in this fix. I fell."

Sehun searches Sana's face, trying to decide what Sana means by "fallen' or "fell from heaven." He shrugs.

"Doing what's expected is so..." Sana waves her hand around, trying to find the right word and finding none she grunts and rolls her eyes.

Sehun supplies the word for her. "Boring?"

"Yes!" Sana says, smiling at Sehun. "That's it exactly! For example, it would be extremely boring if I drank my medicine and slept. Then we would not be having this conversation at all."

"You would never have known I was here."

"True. But you would have known."

Sehun is unable to comprehend what value Sana places on the fact that he would have known. He doesn't know what to answer so he watches her instead - this girl who would be bored by convention, a trait common in this society, certainly, but doesn't seem to fit Sana's current profile of innocent naiveness. Children these days lost their innocence early in life.