A Vision

A/N: This chapter is really well written once we get past that first scene. I think you'll like it.

Jon

Silence.

Silence is what met them when they entered through the gates of Winterfell. The hard eyes of the northern people were trained on Daenerys, accusingly. Jon sighed, he expected this. He met her gaze, hoping he could silently reassure her.

Sansa seemed to notice the deafening silence, and attempted to make things better. "People of Winterfell, the King of the North has returned!" Sansa announced loudly. This brought people out of their trance and the silence ended. People began to chatter excitedly.  Their love for their king was strong. Jon appreciated that, though he never wanted to be king to begin with.

Sansa looked to Jon and Daenerys. "I'll let you settle in for today. Tomorrow we'll have words with the heads of the  great families of the north."

Jon nodded, and Dany spoke, "Thank you, Lady Stark."

Sansa gave a tight smile, but didn't say anything. She moved to the side to let them pass.

Dany

The King in the North led the rightful Queen of the Seven Kingdoms through the halls of Winterfell, until they reached a room at the end of a hallway.

Dany stepped inside after Jon, and looked around. The room was decorated nicely, with animal pelts and different types of weapons. There were tons of candles placed in every corner of the room, and a huge window to let the light in during the day time. As she breathed in, she noticed how nice and woodsy it smelled, with a hint of musk. It smelled like Jon.

The walls were made of stone, with crevices to place things like his many candles and books and scrolls. There was a desk in the corner with a pot of ink, most likely where he did his work. Why it was in his bedroom, Dany could figure out. He seemed like the type of man to prefer the silence and warmth of his room.

The warmth, Dany felt immediately upon entering his room. She had been freezing for the past few days, even with Jon's cloak wrapped around her. The northern temperatures were a huge change compared to the suffocating, hot temperatures in Essos, and the slight chill on Dragonstone.

"Well, here's my room," Jon said. "Yours is right down the hall from mine, but I thought you'd be interested in where I am sleeping."

"And why would that be?" Dany asked, feigning innocence. She loved teasing him.

"So you can come to my room and fuck me in the middle of the night." Jon said, completely serious.

Dany gasped, "Jon! How vile of you." She put a hand to her heart. "My poor heart is broken at such vile words."

Jon began to laugh quietly, but then his laughing grew louder until Dany was sure someone could hear him. Heck, even the dragons probably could, and they were miles above in the sky. She joined him though, his laugh was one that was contagious.

They spent a few seconds just laughing, until Daenerys looked at him, more serious. "I think you're room is beautiful. It really fits you."

"It can be your room too, if you marry me," Jon said softly. Dany blushed at this, she didn't expect him to be so forward.

"Oh- um. It could, couldn't it," Dany stumbled over her words, something only Jon Snow could make her do.

Jon frowned. "Sorry, that was a bit forward. But I don't take it back, I mean what I said. I very much would like to marry you."