Equal

A/N: Here it is! I didn't forget about you all

Daenerys

Daenerys sighed as she sat around inside Jon's bedchambers in Winterfell, a hand on her large belly.

"Oh, little ones, I can't wait until the day you come out to meet the world. There are so many that love you here, and can't wait to meet you," Dany said softly. "And maybe then I can defend my people," she added and then wistfully looked out the window towards the hills outside Winterfell. What she saw was a surprise.

The northern army, notably less massive as before, along with Rhaegal and Jon riding him, were approaching at a steadily fast pace. Why were they back so soon? Wasn't the Golden Company supposed to cause trouble, and be hard to defeat? With a huff, Daenerys got up and headed out of the chambers, hurrying down the steps and to the gates, wearing a cloak.

Rhaea and Daenon flew past her, headed for the approaching army, but Aeryon wasn't with them. Dany was confused, what had happened last night while she slept?

Eventually they reached the gates, which had people crowding around as they too wondered why the army was back so soon, looking in such high spirits. From Dany's side, Sansa stepped forward to welcome the army back, as the Wardeness of the North she was.

"Jon, you're back so soon, I trust your journey South was a success," Sansa stated, puzzling Dany. Why hadn't anyone told her about this? Jon went South? For what?

With narrowed eyes, Dany watched Jon nod. "The Mad Queen is dead. But she set fire to the Red Keep with Wildfire and now it's in ruins, and the people are scared."

A breath caught in Dany's throat. They had won the war already? Just within a night, it seemed. Why wasn't she notified or consulted? She felt betrayed. And the Red Keep, which her ancestors built, was gone?

"Is the Iron Throne still intact?" She questioned, hoping it wasn't.

"It was Wildfire, as hot as dragon firechances are it melted along with the rest of everything," Jon said, frowning. Daenerys let out the breath she was holding. Her ancestor's greatest legacy, gone.

"You said the people are scared. What are we waiting for? We must return as quickly as possible," Dany insisted, turning around swiftly, about to go find Drogon. But a hand on her arm stopped her. She turned around and glared at Jon. He looked confused at this, before realization came to him. He swallowed.

"It's under control, I left Jaime there. He's a familiar face to them," Jon consoled.

"He's not enough, they need a ruler!" Dany snapped, shoving his hand off, still feeling irritated that he went behind her back.

Jon's hand fell back to his side. "Fine, you're right. But can we at least wait until tomorrow? There's still the decision on who is going to come with us. Not everyone can fit on top of two dragons, love."

Dany softened at him calling her love in front of everyone. Calming down, she nodded. "We'll leave tomorrow."

Jon gave her a smile, and stepped away from Rhaegal, to her side. He put an arm over her shoulder, turning to Sansa.

"I'd like to speak to you in our chambers later," Dany whispered to him. He tensed, then gave a slight nod.

"Gather the Northern lords. I must make the announcement to everyone," he told Sansa, who dipped her head and retreated back into Winterfell.