Lesson

A/N: And we're back! My writing style has changed once again but I'm going to stick with those little POV indicators just for old times sake. Hopefully things changed for the better! –Taylor aka a19yearoldwriter (as I get older the name gets more boring ik) (watch it be a36yearoldwriter by the time I update this story again)

-Five years pass, and it is still summer-

Aemon (7 years old)

How utterly boring. Aemon wanted to go play outside with Rhaella and Tyrik, but no. Instead he was stuck learning. Even the thought of it brought him such distaste. Yet here he was, learning how to write.

He didn't want to write, he wanted to hit his sister with his toy sword while Tyrik defended her with his own. Or he wanted to play with Rain, maybe go for a ride through the woods with him. Or go to the Dragon Den and play with Rhaea, who he wasn't allowed to fly on yet because he was too young and risked falling off.

He turned his attention to the room he was in. It was pristine, not a dust particle in sight on the marble floors. He was in one of the newly built 'schools', in one of the 'classrooms'. Being a new concept and all, there were only about a hundred children total that attended this school in particular. But this one was for the wealthier, and had way better safety, which was necessary since it housed the Prince and Princess.

"Psst," a voice whispered to the right of him. It was Everan, his little brother. Those purple eyes peered into his own as he passed over a messy drawing of the educator. The arms and legs were sticks and the hair was scribbles. It was quite the masterpiece, in Aemon's eyes, and resembled the old man quite well.

"That's awesome," Aemon told his brother with a toothy grin. Or not so toothy, since his baby teeth were falling out.

The old man whipped his head to look for the source of the talking, but once seeing it was the Prince, he turned a blind eye. No one outside of Aemon's family dared to chastise the Prince, much to his father's dismay. Father thought it would turn him into a troublemaker. But Aemon didn't think he caused too much trouble. It's been weeks since he set the kitchen on fire with Rhaea. He was simply practicing his Valyrian when he said 'dracarys' and all hell broke loose. Mother had to put it out while Father was away.

Eventually, he was let out of school for the day, and upon exiting the building, he was met by Rain, who towered above him by now. He could vaguely remember a puppy version of him bouncing at his feet years ago, but the wolf grew up fast. Rain lowered his grey head, followed by his entire body, crouching so Aemon could climb upon him.

"This is the best form of traveling ever," Aemon called over to Everan as he grabbed tufts of fur to climb onto his beast's back. Everan was with Viper, his tan skin looking striking against the auburn fur of his dire wolf.

Rain got back up once Aemon was situated and started his brisk pace back towards their home. On their way, they passed Sam Tarly, the eleven year old son of uncle Samwell and Gilly.

As they neared the castle, a large shadow blanketed them as a dragon flew over them. It was Rhaea, who was the size of the classroom Aemon was just inside of. She let out a welcoming roar, circling them before flying towards where Aemon knew the Dragon Den was located.

"Brother! You're back!" Rhaella called from the stairs leading up to the entrance. There was no Tyrik in sight. That was new. The sweet and charming blonde was always with the brown haired beauty when Aemon got out for the day.

"Where's your boyfriend?" He asked, teasingly. Rhaella gave him a dark look.

"He's not my boyfriend! Boys are gross," she retorted. "He's with Jaime, doing some boring chores."