Aegon

A/N: This might feel rushed?

Dany

Dany had urged Drogon to hurry towards the Night King, when she saw him grab Jon's sword. But what he did was so quick. He shoved Jon and plunged Longclaw into her love's heart. She had screamed Jon's name, feeling as if her heart broke into pieces. She made Drogon crash into the Night King, throwing him through the air while dropping Longclaw, which was covered in Jon's blood.

Rhaegal moaned, heartbroken at seeing Jon laying dead in the snow. He nudged him with his snout, urging him to get up.

"He's gone, Rhaegal. We have to bring him back to Winterfell. Can you carry him with you?" Dany asked, her voice void of emotion. She felt nothing. She couldn't even stand looking at Jon's body. It was too painful.

Rhaegal blinked, and picked up Jon gently in his jaws. Dany could see his face paling already. She felt sick, but she had to think of their child. She climbed up onto Drogon and ordered the two dragons to fly to Winterfell, where she would have to tell them she failed, and Jon died.

The whole way home, tears fell from her eyes and Drogon roared in sadness, Rhaegal moaning with Jon in his jaws.

-

As she flew to the outside of the East Gate, she saw an argument between a woman in red and Ser Davos, Jon's advisor. She recognized the woman as Melisandre, who had prompted Dany to bring Jon to Winterfell, and had brought him back to life previously. This gave Dany hope. She flew down, landing, and Davos shut up when he saw Jon as Rhaegal dropped his body.

"Jon!" He shouted, hurrying over to his body. He got onto his knees, closing Jon's eyes. "How did this happen?"

"The Night King," Dany choked out. "We killed Viserion, but the Night King plunged Jon's sword into his heart."

At this Melisandre looked interested. "His sword? Where is it?"

Dany pulled the sword from Jon's scabbard she had taken off of him previously. It still had his blood on it, but it seemed to have a new glow to it.

Melisandre took it and examined it. "So Jon was indeed the Prince Who Was Promised. His sword is now Lightbringer, having been plunged into his own heart seemed to awaken its power. I had a feeling it wasn't any ordinary sword."

"Will you be able to save him?" Dany asked her, hoping.

Melisandre nodded. "That's why I'm here. The flames told me that something bad was going to happen and I would need to be here. But my time won't be long here. I die here, very soon."

Davos seemed happy, but confused. "Why? Don't you have to bring him back first?"

"To bring him back I will need to die. We need to build a pyre, and lay him on it. Then we'll set fire to it, with me tied to it so I don't flee from the pain," Melisandre explained.

"Set fire? Are you crazy? His body will burn to ash and he won't come back from ash!" Davos argued.

"He'll be reborn as a dragon," Dany whispered, and Melisandre nodded.

Davos looked at them as if they had two heads. "What do you mean as a dragon?"

"His real name is Aegon Targaryen. He's not a bastard, he's the legitimate heir to Rhaegar, my brother, and Lyanna Stark," Dany told him, and Davos seemed pleasantly surprised.