Golden Company

A/N: I don't believe there are lions in the actual Golden Company, I just added them to my story to add strength to the Golden Company. In reality, I feel like the northern army would destroy them easily with their greater numbers, but that's not helping my story like my plan is. Anyways, ignore my thoughts above, please enjoy this chapter!

Jon (as always..)

His men marched quickly, eventually slowing down as the sounds of elephants bellowing could be heard, getting louder with each step. Soon, the ground rumbled below them as the elephants appeared over a hill, followed by the heads of men, and lions in chains. The elephants were dressed in shining silver and bronze armor, bearing no sigil. That made sense, for the Golden Company wasn't a house of Westeros, they were simply sellswords from Essos.

"You know," Jon heard Bronn state to Jaime, both were behind him. "I was once given the opportunity to join the Golden Company."

"Really? What stopped you?" Jaime questioned, seeming uninterested to Jon's amusement.

"Ah, well, I decided there were better opportunities in Westeros, and more gold. Besides, the Golden Company acts more like a brotherhood than a bunch of sell swords. That's not my kind of thing," Bronn responded, taking a moment to spit on the ground from atop his horse.

When they were close enough, Jon held up a hand, signaling his army to stop moving. One by one they all halted, and trained their gaze on the approaching army. Jon saw Strickland bring a horn to his lips and blow, making a loud sound followed by the stopping of his men.

They faced each other for a solid minute, just sizing each other up. The lions of the opposing side were pulling against their chains wildly, bloodlust apparent in their snarling roars. Jon decided it was a good idea not to bring Ghost, for these lions looked strong. There were about a hundred of them scattered around the army.

Besides the 20,000 men of the Golden Company, was the 40,000 men of Cersei's army. They held banners of a lion with a crown on its head, signifying Cersei's place on the throne. The throne she would soon be forced to give up.

Jon met the gaze of Harry Strickland as he lifted up the horn once more. He blew the horn twice in quick succession, and then time seemed to slow for Jon as his men began to race forward on their horses, swords drawn and pointed forward.

"Attack!" Jon shouted, spurring his horse forward. The battle had begun.

Jaime

"Attack!" Jaime heard Aegon shout, and he gripped onto the reins of his horse with his one hand and raced forward, Bronn on his tail.

His horse galloped quickly, soon meeting a member of Cersei's army with their sword swinging at Jaime. Jaime reacted quickly, shooting his golden hand up and hearing the clang as steel hit gold. The man looked startled and confused for a moment, before looking at Jaime's face and recognizing him.

"You traitor!" They growled, pulling back their sword, and swinging again, aiming for Jaime's gut. Jaime veered out of the way quickly and drew his sword with his left hand. He made quick work of the man, taking a swing at his neck, slicing it. The man fell from his horse and was dead.

"Should've had you training him," Bronn commented with a snort as he passed Jaime.

The men of the northern army suddenly could be heard shouting "For the North!" As if that were their battle cry. Jaime looked to Bronn, who had a funny look on his face.