An Offer

-One year passes-

Dany

It seemed like a miracle, but winter was ending earlier than planned. What was supposed to be the longest winter in history only ended up lasting three years. The days were getting warmer, the snow in the south was melting, and Dany could hear songbirds singing their melodious tunes outside as she sat in the courtyard, watching her children play with the remaining snow.

Aemon was sitting behind a messy wall of snow he assembled while tossing small balls of snow at his sister. Rhaella was not happy with this and would vocalize that.

"Stop!" She cried as Aemon hit her arm with snow. "Cold!" Aemon giggled and went to throw more.

"Aemon," Daenerys called. "Why don't you give your sister a break? We can go visit Rhaea if you do." Aemon loved to visit the golden dragon, almost as much as Rhaea seemed to love seeing him.

"Okay, Mama!" Aemon shakily got to his feet and ran over to her. "Where dragon?"

Dany chuckled. "She's probably around here somewhere." Truthfully she had no idea. Rhaea could be miles away.

From her place in the snow, Rhaella began to cry. Dany sighed, moving to get up.

"I've got it," the voice of Ser Clarrik interrupted her as he smoothly went to pick up her daughter. Daenerys gave him a grateful smile.

Over the year, Dany grew to really appreciate Clarrik. He was quite the charmer and seemed to enjoy helping with the kids when Jon was busy. Right now, Jon was still in bed after a long night. They had received word from Dorne stating that Arianne Martell was going to arrive with words for the King. She was set to arrive later in the day.

"What's wrong, Rhae? Did the frost bite you?" Clarrik asked, holding her so they were face to face.

"No," Rhaella sniffled. "Am lonely." Rhaea's diction wasn't quite as good as Aemon's.

Clarrik frowned at Daenerys. "Aw.. Your mommy didn't forget about you. And I'm here now." This brought a smile to Rhaella's face and she stopped crying.

"You're always able to make her stop crying," Dany spoke, getting up and grabbing Aemon's hand. "Here, let's go look for Rhaea."

"Yay dragons!" Aemon shouted. Rhaella looked unsure.

"No dragons. Nap!" She whined, and Clarrik laughed.

"You don't want to see the dragons?" Clarrik asked, feigning hurt. He looked to Dany. "I can bring her back to their room if you'd like."

"That would be perfect. I'll be in the Dragon Den." Dany said, and Clarrik walked off with her little girl. "Let's go, Aemon."

"Okay Mommy!" Aemon exclaims, and pulls on her hand as they make their way to the Dragon Den.

The Dragon Den is not what it sounds like. Most people would picture a dark black cave with spikes implemented here and there, but that's not even close. The Dragon Den is a large room with a grass floor. It has a gaping hole built in the ceiling for the dragons to come and go as they please. The walls are white with paintings of the past dragons, and there are comfortable nests thrown about. The grass has many different types of flowers growing in it, including Dany's favorite winter rose.