Planning

A/N: I take suggestions for where this story should head! It'll help me right more. I especially need help with battle scenes with the Night King.

Jon

He hasn't spoken to her freely in three days. They only spoke when they were discussing potential battle plans with the others, but other than that, Jon avoided her.

He's put a lot of thought into the revelations from a few days ago, and he was set on letting her go, no matter how much it broke his heart. Things just weren't right. He wished he never heard the truth about his parents. Which brings him to Rhaegar.

Bran said that Rhaegar left him three dragon eggs, but why? The dragons were still extinct for his entire life, so what is the point of giving them to him? Jon would soon need to pay a visit to his dead mother to find these eggs, if he was to ever accept his fate as Aegon Targaryen.

Aegon Targaryen, what a powerful name it was. Jon shared the same name as both the conqueror of Westeros and his dead half brother. He didn't understand why Rhaegar would give two of his children the same name. Maybe he had high hopes for both.

Rhaegar. Jon wondered what he was like. All he's heard for his whole life were awful tales of him doing awful things, but now he knows that they were most likely all lies. Daenerys seemed to think of him as a mighty warrior with a good heart, which is probably more true than the other northern stories.

He was brought back to thoughts of Dany. He would have to tell her soon, as Sam had advised many times. Whenever they saw each other, Sam would tell him to tell her, and Jon was getting fed up, quite frankly.

"Jon," someone said, snapping a finger in front of his eyes. He shook his head, clearing his jumbled thoughts, and looked at his sister, Sansa. "Stop drifting off, we're trying to give you ideas for what to do about Last Hearth. The dead are marching a day away from it."

"Aye, they are." Jon sighed. He chastised himself for getting distracted for the fifth time that day. More reasons to tell Daenerys was to finally stop thinking about it.

"So what do you think our men who are over there should do? Should they evacuate along with the rest of the people that live there, or stay and fight to what will probably be their deaths?"

Jon mulled over it for a short time. "They should evacuate. We don't need even more soldiers in the Night King's army. Plus, we need as much help as we can get here."

"What about when the dragon shows up, melting this whole castle? If it can melt the wall, it can probably melt the stone walls of Winterfell," Davos said, and a few people at the table seconded his question.

"We'll have to kill the dragon before it gets here," Jon stated, and that led to more questions.

"How do you propose we do that?" Tyrion asked. "The thing is flying, and none of us can fly to be able to stab a sword through it's neck."

"My dragons can fly," Dany voiced, making Jon whip his head towards her. "I've grown up learning that the only thing that can kill a dragon is another dragon. If I can get close to the Night King, I can order my dragons to burn the dead dragon." She put emphasis on dead dragon, probably to show that she didn't think of Viserion's body as her child any longer.

"You can't risk your life like that," Jon objected. "I'm sure there's another way."

Dany looked at him in annoyance, "There is no other way. I won't let my mistakes bringing Viserion up north and letting him die, end up killing everyone. I'll be the one to let him finally die peacefully."

Jon wanted to argue, but he knew she had her mind set, so he didn't. "I'll be coming with you, then."

"And why would that be?" She shot at him coldly. Jon deserved that.