Dragons and Direwolves

A/N: Decided to start off with a more minor time skip than what I was planning. 1 month later instead of like two and a half? Whenever Dany gives birth.

Jon

((1 month later..))

A good amount of time has passed since the two Targaryens took rule of Westeros. In that time, there have been many plans formed to better the kingdom, specifically where King's Landing was concerned.

Days after they were accepted, everyone important had sat around a stone table, that was preserved in the rubble of the Red Keep, and were questioned what they thought needed work. Tyrion was the first to bring up King's Landing. He had described in detail it's many problems, like the stench of death and shit it carried everywhere. Bronn said that there weren't enough whorehouses.

"The whorehouses will be dealt away with," Daenerys had responded to that, disgust plainly evident in her voice, and that's when they decided whorehouses would no longer be a thing.

Brienne gave her input by suggesting that they allow girls to learn to fight, and that she would be willing to teach them, whenever she wasn't guarding Jon, having become one of the Kingsguard. Jaime had become his Kingsguard as well, and Jon had his suspicions about the two. They always seemed to be together. Jon was afraid of what would happen if he learned they were together. It would be his duty to punish both of them for breaking their oaths. He hoped he was wrong in his suspicions.

Back to the problems, Ser Clarrik, who they have taken into their ranks, suggested letting more people participate in tourneys, instead of just the wealthy. Jon and the Queen liked this idea.

Jon suggested building a place for the dragons within the new Keep they would create, for the dragons couldn't be allowed to roam free at night, they were still ferocious beasts to strangers, Drogon and Aeryon especially.

Aeryon was set to arrive today, as it was nearly a month since Arya set off from Winterfell. It's taken a long time because of the rough navigation through the snow.

Beside Jon, Ghost whimpered. They were sitting in the beginnings of a study in their new Keep, it having only the newly built gray stone walls and a parchment to keep out the snow while a ceiling was to be built.

"I know, bud. They'll be here soon, I know you miss Nymeria," Jon said, petting Ghost. Ghost grunted, and rose to his paws, abandoning Jon in his study to go howl off somewhere else. Jon sighed, finishing off a letter he was writing to the Iron Islands to borrow some ships to bring the Dothraki back to Essos. They were getting restless.

Getting up, he went outside his study to see Ser Clarrik looking nervously at Daenon, who had a deadly look in his eyes. Daenon was blocking his path.

"Daenon!" Jon shouted, and Daenon's fangs disappeared as he looked at Jon curiously. His eyes held a hungry look. "How many times do I need to tell you to hunt for food outside of King's Landing? We don't eat people here."

Daenon grumbled, then turned tail and flew upwards, vanishing in the foggy air. Jon turned back to Clarrik.

"How's that dragon's den coming along?" Clarrik asked, rubbing the back of his head. "You might need to lock that one up."

Jon shook his head. "It's coming along fine, but I'm not locking him up. He needs discipline, that's all, but he's like a teenager now, rebellious. They don't listen to discipline."