King Aegon

A/N: A long wait has happened for this chapter

Jon

Jon was frantic. It took a few moments of watching the green flames bursting throughout the Red Keep to remember what he came for, Jaime and Arya. They could still be inside the keep, turned to ash, or they could have gotten out alive. Jon couldn't let it be the first option. He spurred Rhaegal into action, flying over the Red Keep, looking down below at the streets that haven't been ravaged by the flames. There was no sign of them.

"Come on!" He growled, angrily. He should have expected the Mad Queen to have something like this up her sleeve. His underestimation may have costed his sister her life, and Jaime's as well.

Down in the streets outside the Red Keep, there was a crowd forming, all of them looking up at the Red Keep in horror. Jon flew over them, then turned Rhaegal around to scan the area once more.

He had almost given up on finding them, when he flew over the sea. In the dark swirling waters, he saw two dots. It was them.

"In the water!" He shouted to Rhaegal, and Rhaegal soared down, making a splash as he landed in the water. He swam quickly, in a duck like manner, to the two floating masses. Upon closer inspection, Jon could see that Arya was unconscious, with Jaime carrying her.

Jaime's eyes lit up when he saw Jon approaching him.

"Thank the gods! Any longer and I would have drowned!" He exclaimed breathlessly, using his one arm to swim over while his other was wrapped around Arya. When he was close enough, Jon gripped his hand and pulled him onto Rhaegal's back.

"Where's Aeryon?" Jon questioned, fearing the worst.

Jaime caught his breath again, before responding. "She was with us a few minutes ago. It was thanks to her that Arya's still alive. When we jumped from the exit of the Red Keep to the water, Arya had almost hit the beach below. But Aeryon had grabbed her cloak, pulling her upwards, knocking Arya out in the process from the force, before dropping her safely next to me."

When he was finished with his story, the screech of Aeryon was heard as she flew over, with a cooked fish in her jaws. Jon shook his head, with a smile.

"Good work protecting her, Aeryon. I knew picking you was smart." The dragon purred in response, landing on Rhaegal's massive back.

"We should head into the city, to calm the civilians. They're probably freaked out," Jaime said to Jon, who was lightly patting Arya to get her back into consciousness. "I hope Rhaegal is able to fly out of the water?"

"Of course he is," Jon answered. "Rhaegal, sōvēs. You might want to grab on."

Rhaegal's wings spread out and started beating against the air, causing a splashing sound each time his wings hit the water, until eventually they were lifting up into the sky. Arya began to regain consciousness as they headed back to Kings Landing.

"Is the Mad Queen dead?" Jon asked, and Jaime nodded. Arya's eyes blinked open, and she squinted against the light.

"I'm alive," she breathed. "I thought I'd hit the ground."

Jon shook his head, shifting her so she could sit up straight. They were both on the saddle. "Aeryon saved you. Lifted you up."

Arya looked to Aeryon, then smiled, petting her white scales. She coughed. "Good dragon." Then her eyes widened. "Cersei. The wildfire—"

Jon cut her off, directing her attention to the Red Keep which was to their right. Arya's mouth turned to a frown
as she saw the damage it had done, leveling the Red Keep.